Stash size, a serious effort needs to be made

I know this has been mentioned a million times already BUT…

Blizzard please come up with a solution to give us more stash space

End of season is a real pain in the back side trying to sort out the season gear , what to keep and what to destroy/drop

I have lots of gems I really don’t want to loose as I spent lots of time upping them and items, far to many to compare if the seasons items I have should be kept or dropped prior to the new season start. I like to sort out the stash prior to rebirth so I don’t ‘forget’ they only live for 30 days!!

There has to be some way to fix this

2 Likes

Do you have all 13 stash tabs?

1 Like

I am afraid you are going to be disappointed mate. Blizz tried to expand the stash in the past but it led to the game not working smoothly so it was left as it is. You have to really learn to filter what items to keep yourself nd it comes natural the more you play :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

i certainly do. have had the max for a very long time.

Time to organize and clean up then… and use characters you don’t play at the moment as mules.

2 Likes

Yes. Efficiency instead of hoarding, although I create extra characters to use their stash space as storage , to add to my collection of goodies

1 Like

That is not the answer! yet it appears to always be the answer given and there is certainly not enough character slots for mules.

There is simply not enough stash space for gear and gems

If I wanted a gear set for each character and one of each of the gear sets there is no space for that alone.

The “Stop hoarding” response is both lame and useless every time I see it. This is my first post about this subject because I never had the issue until recently.

I have played D3 since vanilla but as a casual player.

My OP still stands, serious thought is required to resolve this issue and come up with a working solution.

1 Like

Well AGenius: a genius would find a way to live with the constraints that we have because we are not going to get more stash space.

1 Like

Just because you don’t like the answer doesn’t mean the answer you got was wrong.

Just to point out one thing. If one runs into stash space issue even after organizing and cleaning up the stash that he has to use mules, then there’s definitely an actual issue. Using mules is not a solution and never will be, it’s just a workaround.

Keep in mind that one might play several different builds and their variants. Even if builds are based on the same items, the builds might require vastly different rolls on them and thus can’t share them. And that means more space required for all those builds.

I don’t like the answer!, its not an answer, its a cop out , always has been

Posting videos on how others organize does not help in the slightest , Everyone plays differently. all character slots are full, when you rebirth for a season you loose that storage space on that char and all the gear the chars are wearing go into mail and where the heck are you supposed to put that until the season is over!?!?

You cannot get away from it , there is not enough storage for all characters and the gems, keys, and other mats.

D2R has this same issue now, limited characters so no unlimited mules and its even worse than D3 now, I only been playing D2R a fraction of the time I have spent playing D3 and I am out of space in D2R too.

Devs need to rethink storage in D3, simple as that, and no amount of responses from people about “Better management” is of any help so please refrain from the snarky posts.

@Jazz your comment is funny… predictable but funny, not heard that before!

There’s absolutely enough space to deal with over 40 builds, as Wudijo’s video shows. With all seven classes having five set armours each, that’s 35 builds. Add in the possibility of LoN / LoD, that’s another 7, so 42. How much of the player base play anywhere near that many builds? There’s more than enough space. Stop hoarding useless stuff.

They can’t. 13 stash tabs is the maximum they can give us. The PTR where they tried to up it to 15 revealed technical issues which could result in client crashes and/or server instability.

Telling you how things are, rather than how you’d like them to be, isn’t snark. Again, just because you don’t like the answer doesn’t mean it’s not the right answer and the right answer is to stop hoarding so much useless stuff.

1 Like

You totally missed my point

New season, rebirth , making room for all the season stuff at end of season takes time to re-organize

if you store gear on a character all that gear has to go somewhere when you start a new season. 4 characters starting in a new season and you loose lots of space and you also run the risk of loosing gear in the mail if you forget to login to non season within the 30 days

I may hoard some items, but I fail to see why I should ditch anything.

Let me re-iterate and re-phrase my opening post

We need more space, so we don’t have to WASTE so much time and effort in organizing stash. its about playing not stash management.

I don’t want to waste my time organizing and I am sure so many others don’t either

Plus it is snarky
https://www.google.com/search?q=snarky&oq=snarky&aqs=chrome..69i57.2352j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I think I have a solution to your problem: Take your time close to season end and salvage redundant stuff (this should be done both in season and non season) then there’ll be a minimum to deal with in the mail.

Because you don’t need the items and because space is limited.

See: good answers, no snarkyness.

1 Like

Once again, 13 stash tabs is as many as they can give you because giving you more would cause the client to crash, and server instabilities due to how they originally implemented the Inventory / Stash systems, which means for every player that joins a group, their entire Inventory / Stash contents gets synch’d to all the other players. If you have more than 13 stash tabs, all of them full, and all four players are like that, your games will crash.

They tested this, on a PTR, where they were going to give us up to 15 tabs, and they reverted it back to 13 being the max precisely to avoid the game crashing and server issues. So, it doesn’t matter how many you want, 13 is all you’re ever going to get, so learning how to manage with 13 is more effective than complaining about not having more.

1 Like

I totally agree and i have also suggested this in more ways…What I in general think we all need is a public announcement from Blizzard about this, to finally stop the speculations…

We already have, as stated here:

No reason to be grumpy about it (Gnaupot) :+1:

3 Likes

I am never grumpy ^^ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You can always use your followers as mules. Usually most builds play with enchantress so the templar and the scoundrel can both serve as mules. There are certain items that hou cannot equip your followers with but there are plenty more that you can put on them. And that’s 2 mules per hero :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would like to kidnap the Siege breaker Assault beast and turn him into a mule. He’s big so has a heck of a lot of space.

5 Likes