Trying to get a friend back into the game

so as a season blizzard game player, after trying diablo immortal and deciding its not for me, I went back to diablo 3 and realised how much I missed this game. I was talking with a friend and trying to persuade him to come back to the game as he hasn’t played it in so long(he thinks season 16), and we have never actually played together. He currently plays a bunch on his switch and alot of diablo 2 on PC as diablo 2 was a massive nostalgia thing for him, considering he played it to death when he was younger.

I finally got him to agree to get it again on his pc so we could play, and upon launching the game he was met with a message that said his account had been terminated. A bit deflated and confused as to why this would happen when he hasn’t even had the game installed for years, he messaged me and I assured him that blizzard customer service is top notch and that if he made a ticket explaining these things he could easily get it resolved.

today he has received an email stating that his account was banned due to a reason they arent going to go into further, and that this would be the only email he would receive as the ticket is now closed. Im assuming that his account was accessed by someone else and that they got him banned, or it was just deleted due to inactivity and the GM doesnt want to give that response. If it had been the former surely it would show an entirely different IP, possibly from another country, and I know when this has happened to my friends in the past on various other games, such as WoW, the GM’s have easily indentified that this was due to a hack and not the fault of the account holder and has been resolved within a couple of hours with the account holder regaining access to the account.

Is there any way this can resolved? it seems a little rubbish that someone can not even play their account and it can just be banned perminently without any further discussion and if the only way for him to play again is to rebuy the entire pack, even though its on sale, he will most likely not be doing this. It sucks because I just wanted to get him back into the game and play with him to keep the hype going while we wait on diablo 4, but this entire thing is totally deflating.

thanks for reading if you made it this far. I hope something can be done as im used to blizzard being so reasonable and helpful with these things, but even me myself has not had to open in a ticket in so long, maybe this has changed and the situation cannot be changed.

for reference incase a blizzard employee see’s this which im hoping:
Issue ID: #82400258
battlenet: Johnson#2690

Hi,

Not on the forums, no. Also, discussing account sanctions is against the Forum Code of Conduct.

Accounts are never deleted due to inactivity. I have a friend (the partner of my daughter) who hasn’t been online for 8 years now and the account is still there.

Your friend will need to sort it out with Blizzard Support… even if the decision seems fairly final from what you wrote. Your friend can appeal the decision here:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/diablo3/289/1392

Blizzard does not allow one to argue his case… this is not a court of law. What an appeal does is have someone else look at the data and/or logs that Blizzard has and decide whether the ban is justified.

1 Like

Hey thanks for your response. I was unaware of this being against their conduct so I guess I’m unlikely to hear from them here, I just was not sure what to do. I did think the inactivity thing felt a bit weird so even if your reply was anecdotal I feel like that hopefully dismisses that. I’ve passed on the page for appeal you have linked but I’m not very hopeful at this point. This whole thing sucks =(