Use of turbohud, and the 3 party program use terms

I wanna know from the support team, is it illegal to use turbohud?
i have been playing for a while now (since season 14)
when ever i try to group up for some GR runs, for para i get asked alot if i use turbohud, by now i know what it is, but i don’t use it. mainly because i don’t want to get banned, but i also get really tired by now of constantly being discarded for not using it, when i play in the community. So i wanna know if it is illegal.
Since i don’t want to get banned for 3. party program use, so i wanna know is it illegal?

Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;

From

I’m not questioning the terms of use, im asking if an overlay mod is considered cheating?
because why is it allowed in WOW (World of warcraft) to use overlays. but not in diablo 3?
And som quick and dirty google search shows that around 2% of players is the only part not using the program, so i’m also considering it, mainly because if it really was illegal, why havn’t they been banned? i get botting an “unfair” advantage is illegal nothing there, but an overlay that litterally just tells you the stats from your profil and mats and what not, and does some math with it, so you dont have to do it in your head. is that really considered illegal when it is allowed in wow, and so few people are actually playing analog diablo3. (heard the term for non-hub users is analog)

That is a question that has come up a few times during the past… Nevalistis provided this reply on that subject:

From: [Updated] Season 19 Abuse of Game Mechanics - General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums

• Third party addons of any kind are strictly prohibited. While any kind of botting software falls clearly under violation of our Terms of Service, for Diablo III, this also includes any kind of overlay software, map hacks, or any other addons or alterations to the client. Addons are not supported for Diablo III and use of them may result in account warnings or permanent account closure.

I don’t play WoW… but I think that the WoW overlays need to be built using the available add-on development tools to be allowed. The development of add-ons appears to be under tight control, judging only by the posts pinned at the top of the WoW UI and Macros forum.

Best of luck with this.

2 Likes

It’s considered cheating because it is cheating.

1 Like