Where are the EU servers?

Hello there,

About a week ago, I have purchased Diablo III and I couldn’t wait to play it. First things first, I tried connecting on the European servers through the Blizzard Desktop app at first, but it kept saying that there is an error, I even looked it up on Blizzard’s forums and they were saying that there was this maintance schedule etc etc, so I waited 2 days at least, in the mean time I kept searching online a solution for my problem since there was no topic talking about it. After 2 days passing, I tried connecting to Americas servers and surprisingly it worked, therefore I launched the game, selecting Europe region. Once I got into the main menu, I inserted my credentials and it kept saying that there was this error 1006, if I am not mistaken, therefore I switched from EU servers to NA servers and surprisingly it worked again. Unfortunately there is this massive ping that I have (150-200ms) and well… it is playable but not for my preferences, so I started asking myself, is Blizzard still supporting them EU servers?

I appreciate a response to this, thanks for your time.

As far as I know, they are physically located near Paris…

If you wish to do connection tests, you may use the 2 following IPs : 185.60.112.157 and 185.60.112.158; a good tool for looking at your connection is WinMTR (see Running WinMTR - Blizzard Support for more info)

If you still cannot connect to the Europe servers, you should contact Blizzard Support and see what they can do for you.

You can use this link: Contact Support - Blizzard Support
and click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page.

That will open a Web ticket and you will need to provide the information that is requested. The words in blue on that page are links to procedures and information that may be useful to you.

2 Likes

Was it a 1006 Error or a 1016 error?