White screen and crash

White screen on start and then crash… any help?

Hi :

How about a wild guess?
Are you using a Razer mouse or keyboard ?

If you do, pls edit your D3Prefs.txt file (under Documents, in the Diablo III folder) and change the value of DisableChromaEffects to "1". Save the file and try launching Diablo III.

If not, you should provide your DxDiag.txt file; see the 2nd part of the following Support Article for details.

The file is normally too big for the forums; it is best to copy it to a text-file hosting website such as pastebin.com and provide a link to your data in your reply.

You may get an error message that you are not allowed to post links when replying – if that is the case, highlight the entire link and click on the </> button on the formatting bar at the top of the reply window. That will convert the link to preformatted text and make it acceptable to the forums.

------------------System Information------------------ Time of this r - Pastebin.com

Hi,

What is the version number of your Diablo III ?

The version number can be found under the Play button on the Battle.Net Desktop App, as shown on this screenshot:

It’s “2.7.1.76761” for me

Hi again:

OK - well, I’m out of ideas… if you don’t get other suggestions from the community and if Blizzard Customer Support does not reply, I think you should submit a ticket.

You will need to provide some additional information but hopefully they will be able to figure out what is wrong.

To submit a ticket, go to : Contact Support - Blizzard Support and click on the “Contact Us” at the bottom of that page to start the process.

Good luck !

i’ve tried that too… can’t send them tickets I don’t know why… -_-

Can you be more specific ?

• Can you access the ticket form ?
  • The ticket requires 2 text files… the Dxdiag.txt which you have already generated and copied to Pastebin and the MsInfo.txt file; a common mistake is to “File-Save” the MsInfo… instead of “exporting” it as detailed in step # 3 of the Blizzard Support - Obtaining System Files article. If your MsInfo file has a NFO extension, that is likely what happened.
  • In addition to the 2 text files, you need to write something in the Description box… the Submit button should light up as soon as you start typing
  • Do you get an error when clicking on Submit ?