Constant Disconnects

This game is more frustrating then fun. It constantly disconnects from the servers.
“The game connection has been lost: your client has been disconnected from the server.”

I play many more online games, including other Blizzard titles. Disconnecting has never been an issue; however, Diablo IV seems to drop connection what seems every 10 minutes or so. Doesn’t matter what is happening in-game. Walking around, playing a cinnematic, or idling. I’ve missed already half of the story because of the client disconnecting mid cinimatic.

I had this issue on launch day. Coming back again, still experiencing this issue.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                   Amaterasu.ftth.zzz.nl -    0 |  803 |  803 |    0 |    0 |    1 |    0 |
|               1-224-178-143.ftth.zzz.nl -    0 |  803 |  803 |    2 |    2 |   32 |    2 |
|                            10.10.10.170 -    0 |  803 |  803 |    3 |    3 |    4 |    3 |
|                           37.244.16.136 -    0 |  803 |  803 |    5 |   12 |  296 |    5 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

The above is a traceroute to prod.actual.battle.net. 0 lost packets but still experiencing disconnections. (I also experienced a disconnection during the traceroute).
DNS servers: 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1, 8.8.8.8

Attempting to switch primary DNS from Cloudflare to Google did not fix the issue.

I have also been through all of the Common Launch issues from Support in regards to updating drivers, reinstalling, dns flushing, etc.

1 Like

give us a ping test via cmd.exe, to google for example, what do you get?
Also who is your DNS provider, your ISP or have you set a custom one? Usually ISP DNS servers sux.

I am not using my ISP DNS servers.
Currently using:
and 8.8.8.8 as backup.

I also updated my original post with a traceroute to prod.actual.battle.net while playing the game. Not a single lost packet. However, I still got disconnected again during my game play.

ok, you have similar to me, except I use quad 9 for my backup, but the ping is somewhat high, but not that bad, I’m getting 146ms average and it’s stable

You may have a dirty line somewhere in the route causing it to drop out which is out of your hands, just need to make sure it’s not your end. Maybe complain to ISP

I’m getting a spike from this destination from my end, are you going through this IP by chance. They provide routing services, could be under cloudflare?

9 153 ms 147 ms 198 ms [137.221.89.35]

I don’t. I only have the 4 hops. I am going to try replacing the cloudflare dns with google dns as my primary. See if that fixes anything.

UPDATE:
Switching primary DNS did not fix anything.

try a speedtest at dslreports , see if you get a lot bufferbloat

ITsniper, thank you for your continued support!

Not sure what a good indication is of bad or good bufferbloat but these are my results: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/71989021

I tried playing again but noticed that the disconnecting is happening much faster now. The only difference is that it’s later in the morning now which makes me think the Diablo IV servers are under more load now as more people come online…

Nope, looks good, Got an A for bufferbloat, which means its not your connection, so you can rule out your ISP. Must be Blizzard then, maybe the server you are being connected on is getting to capacity.

I am requesting a refund. The game is unplayable. Instanced content getting reset every five minutes. Can’t finish my campaign this way. I have gained two levels repeating the same instance because of the disconnect issues.

As much as I love Diablo IV, I can’t enjoy any of the cinematics because of the disconnect issues. No option to replay the cinnematic either after logging back in.

1 Like

I am sick and tired of the repetitive, intrusive and extremely annoying disconnects from the Diablo IV servers every minute or two. A certified network analyst has looked at our home network, found and corrected all networking issues. Blizzard’s “Connection Troubleshooting” recommendations have been followed more than once. The network cable from the modem to the PC has been replaced. FIX THE PROBLEM!

2 Likes

Blizzard has denied my request at a refund.
As such it looks like Blizzard disregards EU law which states that a consumer has the right to withdrawal (Directive 2011/83/EU).

• Amending Directive (EU) 2019/2161 extends the scope of Directive 2011/83/EU to cover contracts under which the trader supplies or undertakes to supply digital service or digital content to the consumer, and the consumer provides or undertakes to provide personal data. It also lays down additional information obligations for the providers of online marketplaces regarding the contracts that consumers conclude with different suppliers on the online marketplace.

The reason for denial is that I have played for too many hours. I believe I have played no more than 8 hours in total (my purchase took place earlier than 14 days ago). During these 8 hours, I have been frustrated trying to fix the constant disconnect issues, I was experiencing. Repeating the same content over and over because of the constant resets. Hoping that it would not disconnect again after 10 minutes.

This is the reality when you love the franchise but martle yourself with the hopes of being able to play the game.

ah man, that sux

Since you can’t refund, you may just have to wait it out for a few weeks.
keep reporting it to Blizz until they decide to acknowledge it. If it gets reported enough times, they will listen and investigate.

If anyone else is having similar issues, confirm it’s not your internet and report it to them, but show screen shots to prove it.

I’m tired of this too. Disconnects and then “your account is currently locked”

1 Like

Dude, I’m on the same boat.
I did play the game since launch, no issues, at all!
From yesterday it’s been a hell. Tried everything like you did of course.
Today I managed to reinstall the Battlenet client, had to chang to run as administrator because it was constantly killing my network! And then it worked for quite a while, more than 30 minutes!
But closing to 18:00PM (GMT here), game started to disconnect again.
It’s not related to the time of the day, It was like 9:00AM and I had these dc issues.

Can’t relate to anything but it’s not the ISP and not the cabling.

1 Like

Let’s all hope (and pray) that Thursday’s live maintenance is successful and the repetitive, intrusive and extremely annoying disconnects from the Diablo IV servers every minute or two no longer plague Diablo IV players (or Blizzard).

1 Like

My home’s network is STILL free of issues (see previous post about bringing in a certified network analyst and following all of Blizzard’s “Connection Troubleshooting” suggestions)), I’ve lost connection many times today, but I was able to reconnect to the game and continue from where I was when the disconnect occurred. The last time I reconnected and lost all progress, and I was winning the final fight to complete the World Tier 3: Nightmare - Cathedral of Light Capstone dungeon. FIX THE PROBLEM, BLIZZARD!

1 Like

Yup have the exact same issue! Really annoying. Such an expensive game… and their servers are slack. They need to take a page from Steams book!

From Cape Town… on my very stable fibre line 64.7MB DL, 31.5 UL… and 8ms latency! WT HELL

Same here. Germany, Munich. Tried all the above. No luck. Bought the Ultimate Edition. Thought they tackled such critical issues two weeks after release. I am going to refund. The first 4 hours were not really entertaining anyways.

I am SICK and TIRED of constant disconnects and having to start a dungeon over. FIX THE PROBLEM, BLIZZARD!

2 Likes