Diablo 4's Camera is Too Zoomed In

Hello everyone, I’ve been playing Diablo 4 for the last couple of beta weekends, and I have a concern about the game’s camera. It feels too close to the character, making it hard to see what’s going on around you.

I understand that the developers wanted to create an immersive experience, but the zoomed-in camera angle isn’t quite hitting the mark. Instead of feeling immersed in the game, it’s more like you’re stuck in a small room. It’s difficult to plan attacks and movements when you can’t see the bigger picture.

In addition, the narrow field of view makes it hard to navigate through the game’s environment. It’s tough to see what’s ahead of you, and you can easily run into obstacles or enemies without knowing it. This makes it frustrating to explore the game world and progress through the story.

I think the developers should consider adjusting the camera angle to give players a wider field of view. This would make the game easier to play and more enjoyable overall. I understand that this may take some time and effort, but I believe it would be worth it in the end.

61 Likes

Maybe you are just not used to it yet? I had the same feeling starting the beta, but quickly got accustomed to it.
There really is no need to see a few rooms ahead and I had no problems thus far “running into obstacles”

1 Like

Just 10% zoom out will be efficient IMAO. No need more.

6 Likes

For past month i have been playing Diablo Immortal,and i cant tell you,i didnt get used to its zoomed cam.

There’s something off present at all times and you cant shake it off,even when you are not thinking about it.

If we could get 1 or 2 zoom out clicks,it would be epic.

Dont get me wrong, Ill be still playing it,but as far as i know,only boos fights are zoomed out a bit,i cant imagine playing with 4 friends,even tho i have ultra wide monitor,they gonna be out of picture most of the time.

5 Likes

not sure why they dont use the same method as Last Epoch you can just scoll in and out with your mouse or controller to what feels good

3 Likes

i saw a video where there were two players playing d4 in the same ps5 that when they moved away from each other it zoomed out to include them both on the screen. there were different degrees of zoom, I hope they put this type of zoom in the pc game too, it would be great to choose how much to zoom

3 Likes

As a player with over 7000 hours in diablo 3 and over 30 in diablo 4. I can assure you the distance is fine and is part of the gameplay style/design.

Melee characters would be unbalanced if the game was zoomed out more as 1 example as to why this is intended. There are many more (atmospheric, detail, map/level design).

Case closed

1 Like

While using ranged classes, can’t see what we are attacking, cant see what is attacking us, case open.

11 Likes

Because then,people wouldn’t pay too much attention to cosmetics = less income when comes to cash shop.

Its all about shiny looking items being shoved into your face,for a reason.

5 Likes

As somone with endless number of hours in Diablo 2 and over 40 hours in Diablo 4… It’s too zoomed in.

Needs to be at least 10-15% zoomed out. Also, enemies need to engage faster sooner, seems like you can be half a screen away and they remain asleep to your presence.

8 Likes

You lost me at 7000 hours of D3.

1 Like

Nothing has fixed. The game is literally unplayable on PC on 1080p with that zoom scale, also the entire UI needs scaling.

5 Likes

It’s too zoomed in. Barely playable. It’s not a mobile game, what’s wrong with you, devs?

8 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. And a lot of people online have been complaining about the same thing. I’m really glad to see that I’m not the only one.

I’ve been playing a sorceress and half the shit I’m fighting is dead before it even makes it into my FOV. And the other half, make it in my FOV and they’re so close that I have to dodge backwards because they’re already swinging to hit me.
The FOV problem also makes it really hard to appreciate the detail and design of the enemies they spent a lot of time creating when, half of the time, all I see is their dead carcass.

I really hope that they add a FOV slider even if it only pulls the camera back a little bit. Because a little bit would work wonders.

8 Likes

I give you encouragement there.
The angle is fine, though, because an overhead view like in Path of Exile is terrible.

What would be okay, though, would be to raise the distance a bit, but not too much. 15% should possibly be enough to see enough of the game world, but not so much that it’s too far away again.

4 Likes

I agree… I’ve caught myself so many trying to zoom out it a situation only to realize „oh, yeah… that’s it“
It’s not as big of an issue as the forced multiplayer which totally destroys immersion and kills the whole story-line of being the lonely hero, but it’s still annoying.

1 Like

playing in ultrawide helps seeing further sideways. but yeah id like to be able to zoom it out a little further like what it does when your fighting the world boss.

2 Likes

How, I have 2000 in Witch Doctor on PC alone… I also have it on my ps4/ps5s and I had it since launch… Then there is all the other classes! It is pretty easy to comprehend. You not in a comfortable living situation that gives much time for hobbies? I also only need 4 hours of sleep, so I tend to game at least 3-5 hours a day. Missus goes to bed early due to work and I gym in the afternoon. Best advice I can give guys, get a gamer girl. We spent all day today playing d4 to get the Ashava trophy, was nice to get it 1st try in world tier 2 as well. Anyway, sorry big numbers are an issue for you. Maths can be tough for some.

Peace

1 Like

The camera distance feels much too close. I often found myself trying to zoom out on the console and trying to find the correct gamepad button bindings. I have a 4K TV and it would be great to have options to choose from. I think in D3 the camera was placed much higher.

2 Likes

the issue is the camera is to vertical meaning it looks like you are observing the top of the head of the character when it should pan down more so you can see into the distance more like in all the other diablo games

they used the diablo immortal camera in D4 and it looks and feels awful, this cant be fixed because the layout of the ground correlates directly with the camera