Diablo 4's Camera is Too Zoomed In

It is set where it is for a reason (to balance gameplay between ranged and melee amongst other things). Personally I would prefer it to be a bit more zoomed out, but I got used to it in Diablo 3 and during the beta’s it didn’t bother me after the first 5 minutes…
It’s how they have designed it so really very unlikely to change as would have a huge amount of knock on effects.

Yes, it is too close for comfort. Same was in D3. Since they never fixed it in D3, I don’t think they’ll do it in D4.

3 Likes

I can agree that zoom is too close. Some 10% less and it help in gameplay immersion with range hero. I really do not understand that they stuck it like that as I do not get why they removed overlay map (no, it is not helping in immersion, it is worse for this atm) and made that annoying map on the corner (whoch should be more transparent anyway, circle for eg.)

2 Likes

I think it needs to zoom out to the distance you can cast or fire from effectively. Not because that’s all an xbox or play$tation can manage… I’m playing on a Computer… not a console.

Being able to shoot at or be shot at by someone/thing that’s off the edge of the screen is absolutely unacceptable mechanics. It even feels a little exploitive and cheaty.

2 Likes

Nope this is not the case. Case still open.
I also have thousands of hours in ARPG’s including D1,2,3 and about 150 in D4. 2 weekends at least.

The scaling is off and it ruins immersion and makes cheating/exploitation easier. It ruins immersion on several different levels.

1 Like

Completely disagree. The game is designed around this level of zoom, it balances attacks, helps for immersion (seeing the detail feeling, close to the action). It increases performance and is a perfect combination of function and aesthetics.

Increases performance… people avg 2080+ computers… they don’t need more performance.

I have an RX580… sub par and even my performance is superb. My human eyes could do with an upgrade tho… maybe some decent glasses… not the cheap junk you get sold. Something magical.

Zoom has nothing to do with performance. It might be an argument for it, but it has no bearing on why it is in the game as it currently is.
It doesn’t make the game better, it makes it worse, because you can see less, you can’t judge distances or movement speeds correctly, it’s basically being use to nerf everything. It doesn’t add challenge exactly as to just make everything more frustrating. It will drive more people away due to frustration than attract because of additional difficulty.

Why buy a widescreen monitor? Or a curved screen? or a 32 inch over a 16 inch…?

Because people prefer to see more. Not less.

You see more detail, the gameplay is balanced around this level of zoom. It’s spot on.

Think of it rationally, in a crowd you can’t see the girl in the red dress 100m away due to obstacles between you. It’s to balance that type of information.

I have many hours in this type of game, be assured, it’s fine. You might just need a little practice.

How do you know there’s a girl with a red dress in a room 100m away if you can’t see her?

Maybe you need to be rational.

I designed the room.

I know YOU as the player can’t see her, because you zoomed in too much…

That’s a sneaky way of double replying.

Totally agree, almost unplayable with the sorceress…

2 Likes

You are not a real ARPG PC Gamer…Get Out of here…THE PROPER ARPG WITH PERFECT CAMERA DISTANCE IS GRIM DAWN…Maybe Diablo 4 DEVS. can learn something for them and also GRACE to PC GAMERS they are alive today soo BLIZZARD it is not all about CONSOLES in this world. I HOPE YOU CAN FIX IT UNTIL Sunday 10 June 2023. YOU ARE LISTEN TO THE FANS BUT NOT it seems. ! OHH FIX THE DAMN 32:9 SUPERULTRAWIDE TOOO WE DON"T BUT Diablo IV for the PvP we don’t care…If we want PvP we can play Battle Royale or MOBA games.

1 Like

Nah, I’m OG, been playing ARPG since they were invented. From Gauntlet, Zelda, Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance, through Diablos, PoE and Lost Ark. So, be quiet, little one.

If you are crying over the camera, it’s because you want your “easy mode”. :smiley: Nothing more , nothing less.

hahahhaa… “unplayable”… you on a steamdeck or something? xD

Yeah, was one of the first things I said, why is the camera so zoomed in? Even maxed out its not far enough. It’s actually annoying when fighting complex bosses, I literally lose site of them and then it takes me a bit of running around to find them again, where’s the strategy? We should be able to zoom out just a tad more. I’m on 50" 4k monitor and it’s not so bad compared to someone on a smaller resolution, at 4k it’s still an issue.

In smaller corridors its fine, but in the larger rooms with massive bosses, or loads of crap and over 30 mobs or more filling up the screen, gets a bit annoying. Sometimes I feel like I’m playing Do Don Pachi top down shooter but with less visibility lol

2 Likes

“If you are crying over the camera, it’s because you want your “easy mode”. :smiley: Nothing more , nothing less.”

Come on NIDCLXVI , seriously? What’s having the camera zoomed out got to do with difficulty? The purpose of the camera is visibility! OG? pfffft!

Playing ranged build feels edited by moderation Not only the teleport mechanic of “kill all enemies or we shove them into your face” kills me many times but 90% of the time I cant even see what im shooting as a ranger rogue. Guess ill have to go back to the brainless facetank trapper build. So much for build diversity.