Diablo 4's Camera is Too Zoomed In

Because this does not give you a gameplay advantage based on range and all players can do it.

Meanwhile it allows you to take in more detail in beautiful environments or to admire a players appearance. :+1:

Zooming out allows you to take in the beautifully intricate design of the dungeons, and also scan ahead for enemy types and plan accordingly, which all players can also do. What you are saying that in a battlefield you should only have binoculars but not an overall satellite view of the current conditions.

1 Like

It breaks immersion, unbalances ranged abilities, detracts from character design, makes the game too easy, exposes map geometry that should not be visible, breaks balance for things like hunting treasure Goblins, defending PvP shrine events, finding any item from statues of Lilith to silent chests.

Fundamentally, ruining lots of balance and design choices, while creating a less immersive and visually beautiful viewpoint.

:+1:

You can easily negate the imbalance of ranged caused to ranged abilities by nerfing them a little with distance. This is true in real life as well. If you wait to fire until you can see the whites of their eyes, then you do more damage. As far as beauty and immersion are concerned, those are subjective, Who is to say what level of zoom out looks more beautiful and immersive than other. You are defending the grind for Statues of Lilith and hunt for chests as the best thing the game has to offer, when most consider that to be the most boring chores. We are here for slaying demons, are we not.

I don’t play PvP in Diablo IV, so disregard my opinion if you want to. Isn’t melee Rogue the most dominant PvP class currently? I say the current too zoomed in view is putting low mobility and ranged classes at a disadvantage, and zooming out a bit more will allow better balance between the classes.

Oh, so just the simple task of ruining the aesthetics, and rebalancing every monster, class, item and ranged ability.
Oh and rework maps too

Sounds like, what… A 20 minute job?

:eyes:

Any official word on this?

The [close] camera distance truly ruins the experience.

Still waiting some feedback on this as it is game breaking for me.

1 Like

Opinion: I agree with the “too zoomed in”. Old diablo 1,2 and 3 fan, bought the ultimate edition of 4 but cant bring myself to play the season because I constantly trying to wheel out. Even the character menu is starts too zoomed in.

I am having trouble seeing charm in it, a bit of a bummer because the game felt awesome through the story, the story is one of the best so far (imho)

100% agree. I can’t wait for this to be finally fixed.

There is moment in game where game zooms out significantly, even more than next to tree of whisper location : this side quest where you got to revisit location where Lilith was brought to Sanctuary, that one from cinematic “by three they come” : I liked it :laughing:

100% agree. The game gives me eye strain with such a close camera. The lag does not help either. Would prefer cleaner graphics, fewer lighting effects and so on. With smooth fps and a zoomed out camera. Over the fancy graphics and zoomed in camera.

I’m sure they’ll add the option to the cash shop.

Increased Zoom distance! $19,99 (Before: $29,99)

I agree, I would love to be as zoomed out as with the horse at least. Perhaps even further, not perhaps the world boss level of a zoom but close to it.

I genuinely think either some people literally get paid to pander on the forums to every design choice that Blizzard ever makes, or some people are just masochistic and worship Blizzard and all their choices, even when they’re bad choices for the player. You often find a few people very quick to respond with support for Blizzard’s choice, specifically when it comes to obvious design flaws and limitations that have no good reason.

It is so painfully obvious that the camera needs to be zoomed out more for ranged classes because enemies can literally see you and attack you OFF-screen! In other words, enemies can see and start attacking you before you ever see them, and they can keep attacking you while you’re busy with closer enemies, with your awareness of their attacks severely diminished because you cannot see them — they are off-screen!

It is super frustrating that I cannot zoom out the camera more when playing ranged classes. And regarding the obnoxious, self-righteous claim that “you get used to it,” the more I play, in fact, the more frustrating and annoying this becomes. One of the most condescending things that game executives do nowadays is think that they know what’s good for their players more than the players themselves. As long as players aren’t asking for something that objectively belongs to the “cheating” category, players play games for fun, and they sure as hell know what’s fun for them more than anyone else, including game executives. And it is executives who end up policing fun and making bad design choices, then telling the devs to implement said choices.

There isn’t a single objective argument to limit a player’s freedom to zoom out the camera a bit more in a game like Diablo 4. Blizzard made this same obnoxious design choice of limiting the default max camera zoom out with WoW right from the start, but thankfully, modders and enthusiasts found workarounds, and Blizzard executives allowed those workarounds in WoW. If it’s about platforms and advantages or whatever in Diablo 4, simply allow PC players to disable the cross-platform feature, then unlock the option to zoom the camera out! And if everyone can zoom the camera out in PvP, which isn’t for everyone — I hasten to add, then no one has advantages over others.

The arguments of “Oh, we didn’t know how to make the game harder for you other than to allow enemies to attack you off-screen and limit your vision,” and “Oh, we thought the game would be prettier if we limited your vision of the battlefield” aren’t even worth anything but an eye roll. This is sad. Sad and obnoxious.

1 Like

hey guys, I’m must disagree because if you zoom out more you won’t be able to see anything on the screen, it’s too zoomed out for me and since the game is so highly detailed with cool characters I think it would actually be much better to have an additionnal option with a closer camera like Baldurs Gate 3. Fortunately I can use the PS5 on my TV screen instead of PC.

I just started playing this yesterday. I agree the screen is zoomed in much too far. Maybe some people enjoy seeing up the toon’s behind. I myself do not.

I really wish I could sit home and get paid for doing something.

I agree screen is zoomed too much. I cant response some monsters attacks especially those ballista elites which they one shot me out of nowhere. I undestand they want us to see our character and get satisfaction with those paid cosmetics but my dead body in those cosmetics with doggy style bending position on the ground not so cool looking.

Yes, it is kinda not playable with too much zoomed in so please zoomed out a bit so it feels better. Go and play and you will understand, devs!

they dont want to see the enemies that one shot you or being prepared for a upcoming fight. they just want all fights to be ambush. they want you to get ganked by low tier trash with basic moves and a status effect that kills you by stacking where you cant see it even when the camera is closer.