DLSS + Frame Gen + Unlimiting FPS = houston, we have a problem

Hello there! i’ve built new pc recently with R7 7800X3D 32 GB RAM + RTX 4080 Super
the problem is that when i unlimited the fps cap to 400 i was getting 300+ fps but game was completely unplayable as i was walking with lags all the time also opening anything UI related caused long freeze and at some point i got out of ram error aswell despite playing only in 2k (all of that before recent RT patch i just had no time to make this post) the only solution to this issue was limiting fps to my monitor’s refresh rate (165)

I think that’s normal FrameGen behaviour if the FPS are too high.
Also why would you want 400+ FPS if your Monitor is 165hz?

i was curious how many fps is my 4080 super capable of in D4 thats all

Probably your monitor sucks. I tested Ray Tracing on some TCL 4k@144Hz 55C835 Gaming TV compared to Sony OLED XR 65A80L and guess what the difference was with everything set to ULTRA… Sony TV = Double FPS. ROFL

It is always a good idea to limit FPS with in-game settings to something proportional to your monitor/TV refresh rate, because when frames drop, you can feel it. e.g. if your monitor/TV can do 240, limit to 120, if it can to 360, limit do 180, etc. This also keeps the GPU cool and pretty sure you don’t need more than 60 TBH… Also turn OFF vertical sync, of course…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.