RIP my RTX 3080 Ti

Ps5 player here, haven’t had any black screen crashes, but I did get the cutscene bug where I lost all the shadows after the hermit hut. What was odd though, the more I played during that time the worse the picture got until everything was smeared in tracers… Then I’d get a server crash. No issues with the ps5 as far as I know though.

Same card same issue. 3080ti OC full black screen while playing. started my RMA with gigabyte. put my 1080 back in. played for a few hours and now my 1080 is acting weird screen tearing overheating even turned fans to full blast blinking to black

Sounds like your parts were already on the verge, I have a 3080ti as well as a Ryzen 9 and no crashes or burned cards. It’s rare for games to cause cards to die like that. Unlikely it was the cause of the game.

Well don’t blame on the dev if you don’t have enough fan to cool your pc. I got a 6900 XT overclocked at 4k and it didn’t burn at all because my rig was enough cooled.

Yes the game push the graphic at maximum on a gpu.

It was running at 70 degree just fine.

Graphics drivers are responsible for you gpu health. This is just silly.

It’s definitely a concern, but it’s a driver issue, not the game.

Not a troll, mine is bricked too.

You could do a RMA? The warranty site doesnt even work right now.

2 Likes

Asus TUF 3080 Ti OC here. Played for 8 hours straight with maxed out graphics on everything and 165hz cap. Gpu stable at 58-63 degrees with factory paste and padw. CPU at ~50. No crash here what so ever. Works splendidly.

Had the exact issue but with AMD.

AMD XFX 6800 XT
i7 10700f with 360mm AIO

Pretty heavy OC/UV

First 4 crashes, black screen but fans didnt go 100%. But the 4th time it messed up my GPU drivers. Had to reinstall the AMD software.

5th-7th crash and my fans went 100%. Also removed my drivers as the game didn’t see my GPU.

Reinstalled, removed my OC/UV and playing on medium settings. No issues at all today.

Asus Rog Strix 3080 Ti (undervolting at 2000 Mhz) no fan issues or burning.
Game run smooth.

If you are having problems with running this game. Quit using a PC made of out potato’s and wires. Either that you or you built your PC terribly.

My RTX 3090 dies as well. Display went out fans went to max speed. Did a bench test and tested temps everything was fine. Ran d4 again and it popped

I hear these cases often getting blamed on the game and it will typically be the manufacturer of the GPU. I’ve maxed out 2 characters on a 2070s at max settings and my temps have been fine , no issues.

Anyone worried about this can prevent it by going into Nvidia settings and setting a max fps, i have mine set at 350.
When this happened with New World it was the game running the GPU into low thousands of FPS in certain scenes for some reason, a max FPS prevents this from happening, plus it doesnt hurt to have it set way above what you need for your monitor but restricted from running away.

Might affect benchmarks

Dammn, that’s sucks arse… Personally using an gainward 2080 super phantom glh. Had no crash issues. But the game feels unstable.

My 8gb of vram were constantly on max usage.

I would go from playing on stable limited 100fps (high settings on 3440x1440) down to like 10-20fps at 100% gpu usage for no apparent reasson then coming close to a new area in the map.
Restarting the game would fix it. Lowering gpu settings wouldn’t have much of an impact on it either.
My pc usually uses about 8gb ram for system and streaming apps and when I go ingame while streaming it would easily jump to about 30gb usage.
Seems like there’s a bit of room for performance optimisation.
Haven’t checked if there’s a new gpu driver release that’s specifically ment for Diablo 4, currently using drivers I downloaded some one week ago.

1 Like

No crashes for me so far. Using Rog Strix 3060ti. Gpu temps monitored at max 77c, running max settings.

It seems like the game “New world” had similar issue whereby fps gets too high and burnout the GPU for 3080 version gpu. Hopefully this is not the case for D4.

So weird to have some replying that have zero crashes, so this thread doesnt apply to you or the lower end cards.

Then on the other hand those that get the black screen/fan overdrive issue that it does apply.

So why even post?

2 Likes

Got a 3080 ti myself and it started sounding really loud and weird and froze the game. So i quickly turned off pc. Works fine now, think I saved it.