Account hacked(Emai address Changed)

Early morning of 01/05/2020 I received an Email from Blizzard informing me my account’s Email address was changed, when I tried to log in to change my password it said my account doesn’t exist. Now I opened ticket but I’ve received to response and I see from my brother’s account that someone is logging in and playing on my account. I see a few posts that talk about similar problem but can anyone tell me how i can get a Blizzard GM’s attention?
(Ps. I’ve created a new account with a different Email address to post here)

Heya WorkedBoot,

Please reach out to our support team creating a ticket here. We aren’t able to assist with hacked accounts over the forums. However, my colleagues in the support team will work to get back to your ticket as quickly as possible.

I appreciate you taking notice and I hate to be difficult, I really do but I’ve received no response to my tickets

Our support team are currently exceptionally busy at the moment. As a result the queue is quite a bit longer than normal. We answer all tickets as quickly as we can and you can rest assured that as soon as it is possible, your ticket will be picked up and looked into.

I do apologize for the delay all the same.

ive had close to the same issue and i bought a new computer and created a new email and blizzard responded once telling me what to do so they could verify its me and my account and i did everything they asked but they never said anything else so i waited and then i wake up the next day and my tickets are either cancelled or marked as resolved when no further action was taken and ive gotten no response from blizzard