Animations are so slow it's painful

Hi all. The topic is nothing new (couple older threads linked below, more can be found if you’re interested) but the fact is little has been done to fix the situation, since… 2019? Or even before that?
Many times already players like myself have been unable to complete their plays in some turn because of an excruciatingly slow animation or another. Not talking of extreme cases like old Shudderwock or recently-fixed Hysteria but of more common ones. Examples are numerous and I won’t even try to list them. This sluggishness may cost us the game, but regardless of result, it’s just NOT FUN at all, to be forced watching an animation instead of doing the play you had planned.
Mind, I don’t usually pilot an apm deck, and I don’t rope on purpose. I just expect that the most part of a turn time could be used for thinking and executing your plays, with only a minor part eaten up by “special effects”, and not the other way round.
Blizzard, please, substantially shorten all animation times (e.g. cut them in half), or provide a client option to disable them altogether, like it has been suggested already. Either of these would greatly improve players’ experience.
Thank you.

animations-taking-too-long
animation-speed-problem

5 Likes

I’m not really sure what you mean when you say that “little has been done”…

Lifesteal and other effects used to be a lot longer, nowadays they’re almost instantaneous…

I really do think you need to provide examples.

I wish we had one time bank per game to add some extra thinking time.

I’ve been tinkering with ETC warrior and at crucial points in the game I have to calculate damage and I run out of time. Usually I’m ok with maths but the pressure gets to me lol

This is especially valid in Battlegrounds. There should be an option to disable animations completely, for those who don’t want them. I can’t care less about them, or golden cards. The game is lagging too much because of that and it is pissing me off having to waste half of my moves because I have to wait for those dumb animations to take their turn during recruit phase. Same goes for the fight itself, which cuts down the time you have left to recruit.

1 Like

true. quest warlock is unplayable atm. it is 2021 and the animations are too slow.

1 Like

Perhaps they should address the correct problem here instead (you’re not supposed to be able to play 10-12 cards in a turn).

And there they are creating cards that actually require that, and achievements with the same target. The fun of it… or what it used to be. Enough is enough.