Battlegrounds - came second against an opponent who wasn't in the game

So I was playing battlegrounds and patches was the top of the leaderboard. Which isn’t the issue. I was in second. After I killed the third place player, the game ended and it told me I came second.

There was no crash, no battle against the patches. the battle just ended after the battle between me and the third-place player resolved

8 Likes

Hi Flare!

Sadly I can’t move your post over, but please report on the bug report forums here:

:christmas_tree::snowflake:Have a Wonderful Winterveil! :snowflake::snowman_with_snow:

Hi, I just had the same problem

Same thing happend to me today twice. I have video of the second game. Also I didn’t get achievment for finishing first with that hero.

3 Likes

This literally just happened to me too. I faced the same guy in 2nd place for 5 rounds in a row, won against them, and then got 2nd instantly without dying.

1 Like

I’ve just encountered the same issue. When I was browsing the US forums, I’ve seen several posts regarding the same thing.
No matches played against those people, they’re stuck in 1st place and cannot be touched, no achievements and immediate 2nd place, of course no rank points either for getting an actual 1st place. Let’s face it, that’s no bug, those are clearly cheats. An issue which needs to be adressed ASAP because it is clearly unfair towards the rest of us.

I won but i m on second place! I have screenshots.

1 Like

Just faced this. The dude that “Won” conceded on Turn 1 after buying a 2/2 Taunt with reborn. Faced him several times, but his HP remained untouched in the “Ladder”. When I finally killed the 3rd place I automatically got second place and didn’t even have to face the bugged (or cheating) dude.

Have SS’s of my 2nd place, but not of his board sadly.

This needs to be looked at asap.

1 Like

Same for me!! I was in 2nd place on a win streak (defeated the residing number 1 player twice before), I elimited player #3 and the game ends congratulating me on becoming second. How does that even work? I still had to knock out the first place player. Worst of all, I finally had Ragnaros (trying to get 1st place on that character) and the game just ended? The game works incorrectly. This is messed up Blizzard.

Same here, finished 2nd against a player who was always 1st on the ladder but never playing (stopped playing after the 3rd round of combat??) When 3 of us were left, me as 2nd went vs 3rd place and after winning that round, the game finished saying I’m 2nd.

1 Like

Same happened to me and even worst: I was with Millificient hero and was changed my hero power to the secret guy one and I got the Ice block secret.
I beat the third guy and then the game finished and I was on the 2nd place. I think the first was disconnected and was not playing all the game but still finished on the first place. I didn’t get the achievement fo the first place with that hero … unfortunately …

Same just happened to me…

Who ever designed battlegrounds, should be fired. Some of the most ridicules stuff i have seen in this game. So much random/RNG going on. And we seem to be forced to do this garbage each week, due to the weekly quests. I try to reroll quests where i have to go there. Now i got one where i have to place 4th. Stop giving me quests to this garbage mode

We were with 4 left and I faced a ghost. After a few rounds I realized three of us (Kael’thas (me), Tess and Omu) never faced the #1 (Sindragosa). The #1 was facing the same ghost over and over again (Fungalmancer Flurgl), but the icon didn’t look like a ghost (it looked like Fungalmancer Flurgl).

After Omu died and Tess leaved, I had to face a dead Tess. After that round I became second. Very strange that the Sindragosa kept fighting Fungalmancer Flurgl. It seemed like that in Sindragosa’s game Fungalmancer Flurgl was not dead and the only player alive…??

Yep, happened three times during my last session. I know that everyone press ALT-F4 to squeeze the game, maybe that is creating this stupid behavior. Pretty annoying that no one listen on higher ground. It’s not a new bug, been there for a while.

This happens to me about one in every 6 games. It’s a nightmare. Why is it Still not getting fixed?

Just encountered this today, lich bazhial that didn’t buy a single minion, hit them once and it was showing them disconnected. They stayed at 36 hp the whole time on tier 1, log showed them taking 14 damage from george every turn. I beat everyone else and the game just ended and bazhial got first. -.-

Same here. Any solutions? Hello blizard?

Same thing here on multiple occasions.

Same here twice. Made a ticket, and got absolutely no help. I don’t think they know what to do about it. Got a long reply with half the message being some jolly stupid sh*t about some magic-pun what ever.