Battlegrounds has never been better than it is now

Kudos to the developers. The spells is by far the most interesting and fun mechanic that has hit the tavern in a while.

It helps you shape your board in so many ways, allows greater flexibility with the spending of Gold which in turn aids in fleshing out the strengths of underrated heroes. (such as Captain Eudora who is much more powerful in this meta.

1 Like

Thanks Sasha, I’ll pass your feedback on. :slight_smile:

To bad that is the only thing that is in balance on battleground. Oh yeah sorry and quilboar

First fix bugs, then we can talk.

Two major bugs need fixing immediately.

1. Perma Stealth on Baron and Slammer. Minions refuse to attack them until only they remain.

2. Cleave is totally bugged. Only hits on edge even when enemy has no taunters.

no use Vyraneer, as they only only react on possitief feedback and only that they pass on. :rofl:

thats just you coworker… no one else think that…

since 20 games the same … start from turn 7 you get 15 dmg… turn 9 i am death…

cheating is more then ever… on beginning i love this mode… but with your hardcoded “random” scam it just SAD… just a sad game…

I wonder when you spend money if your “luck” goes up and you get better cards… my clan belief in that… and it looks like if you spend more rl money… your luck factor is highter… gamble mechanics…

Hey DomX,

Would you mind opening your own thread and sharing more detail about your Battlegrounds feedback?

Thank you.

With the addition of Quests, the competition has grown stiffer, but that also depends on your ranking. A 6.5k rating is equivalent to being in Legend on the ladder, so you can be sure you’ll be playing against opponents who know what they’re3 doing and how to extract maximal value out of every turn and tavern offer.

Getting 1st place is especially hard, but this is to be expected.
If you want less challenging opponents, tank your rating by conceding and watch your win rate go up.

Spending money has nothing to do with your win rate. Take it from someone who invests in this game.

The game is too luck based and should not have a ranking system. (I am currently in 6.5 - 7k)

In every lobby you will have 1 player that high rolls i.e. they get perfect cards. This player goes so far ahead that no one can touch them. If you play against this player your warband means nothing and you take 15 or death.

So, you are either lucky and you are mr high roller or you hope to make top 4.

I played a game where I played a huge game with excellent choices and top notch purchase selected. Then when the lobby was still tier 3 the high roller was already tier 6 and had 2 golden tier 6 minions. I took 15, played nr 2 and took more damage and then back to mr high roller and then death.

Too much luck.

In a game with equally skilled players the one who seizes every opportunity and utilizes it best to his advantage will get the upper hand.

If you don’t prioritize quest completion and don’t make good use of your quest reward or hero power, or don’t spend your gold efficiently, or play too slowly, you will fall behind.

Getting first place is difficult, but making top 4 really isn’t.Just play to the best of your ability.

picking Hoggar and not getting any pirate in the first 6 turns ! can u please explain that ?

This is Blizzard at its best. I am sure that this is one of Blizzards secret settings.

As soon as you select a hero which is attached to a certain minion type you simply don’t get those minions offered to you.

This is why I never play the Demon hero. Never. I will have to refresh a gazillion times to get a demon. And forget about the top tier good stuff.

And that Quilboar hero. You see your first QB on turn 16.

Stick to good heroes.

Don’t lock yourself into playing a certain minion build. Play opportunistically, going by minion value.

You could play with Jaraxxus by having an Impulsive Trickster and the rest will be non-demons. Jaraxxus is decent, because he has a lot of armor.

First and foremost, go for quest completion. This is even more important than upgrading your tavern. With the quest complete, tailor your build to the quest’s reward.

If your quest reward is a 50/50 amalgam, then play with tokens, avenge value minions.

thank you for the answer ! i have seen this happening !! so which hero you pick it doesnt matter ! just the armor and the quest ? so why having different heroes means anything ?

It matters because hero powers are wildly different in terms of application and power level, and how you play with each hero is different as a result.

Heroes with the best hero powers, like Shudderwock have less armor.
Reactivating a powerful battlecry with zero mana is not the same as discovering a minion for 2 Gold(The Rat King).

You need to find a balance between extracting value from your hero power, completing your quest and extracting value from your quest reward.

For instance, with Captain Eudora, I’ll go for Gold economy, and get stuff from the tavern that either saves me gold or generates more so I can activate my hero power
on almost every turn.

In general, Gold economy wins you games as well. It’s important to know how to save gold, so you don’t overspend.

That’s why it’s quite unadvisable to refresh the tavern in the early game, when you don’t have a lot of Gold to spend .

Just go for best minions and spells from what the tavern offers.You didn’t find the type of minion you need? Buy a Patient Scout, and sell it to discover a minion of your choice.

Later in the game,when you have sufficient gold you can refresh many times looking for triples or extra value. Just don’t do it at the beginning looking for the perfect minion to fall into your lap. That’s how you lose.

is it only me or other people as well love heroes that have to do with a specific minion type ? i just picked shymvala and i got no elemental in 4 first turns :frowning:

Here’s an example of a hero-specific strategy:
With Galakrond, what I sometimes do is stay on Tier 1,buying what I can and use the hero power each turn on a specific minion until he’s tier 5 or 6, and then buy that high-tier minion and try to build my game around him.

The value of that tier 6 minion is bound to help me pick up the slack as I catch up on my tavern tier upgrades with the rest of the lobby.

This is not a surefire strategy, mind you but something that has worked for me in the seven or so games I picked Galakrond.

game is 65% a bots players and they get cards what need -.-

You are obviously a lucky player. Not all of us have this luck

If you have the luck you will wonder why people complain, like a rich man who cannot understand why poor people are suffering.

If I have to play Golokrand and stay on Tier 1 and upgrade a minion I will take 15, 15 , Death before Turn 7.

Actually, I’m not lucky. I just don’t fixate on my losses.
The last couple of games I’ve finished in 6th place.

Sometimes things don’t go your way, and others are getting better quests and more suitable rewards.
That doesn’t mean anything.

Surely, the fact that you’ve reached a 7k rating means that you’ve won a lot of games.
You’ve just reached a skill ceiling where people are as competitive as you are.

Everybody wants to get to 1st place. But in a lobby of 8 there can only be one.
Some people are just better at managing and evaluating their chances and opportunities.
And what’s no less important, some people are also more dexterous than others, and can accomplish more in 90 seconds of a turn.

1 Like