Battlegrounds is horribly laggy

Getting insane fps lags in battlegrounds, I can’t really play for the first ~3 games after starting Hearthstone, after that it’s getting alright

It just keeps freezing after I use the refresh button for example and then I don’t even have time left to do anything, which is really frustrating.

6 Likes

yes first few days it was fine, since today as long as there are 5 or 6+ players still alive i get horrible lag, like 5 fps and the round is over while i can start seeing the fight

i have like 3 seconds to buy something in the first 3 4 rounds

it’s completely unplayable that way

edit: i even closed all other programs set hearthstone to low and fullscreen and i have 32 GB of ram

so it’s not on my side…

Hi there, I have the same problem on my PC, THE 1st game of BG i unplayable cuz of lag. After one game it goes smooth. BUT i have lost alot of Rating to always end last in first game. So i have to get 3-4 games in Top 4 to recover my lost rating. Please fix this.

Hey all, thanks for the reports here on the new Battlegrounds feature.

Just a note, this feature is still in beta mode so there may be issues from time to time. If you do get these issues or anything else weird happening with the game mode, please continue to report it on our bug report forums found here.

I was just gonna add that I too get that issue, almost exclusively during TAVERN rounds (combat rounds go smoothly as they should) and also almost exclusively during the FIRST MATCH I play after booting up hs, only occasionally also during the first couple turns of the second game.

It just resolves by itself once I unintentionally inted and finished the first match. This is especially bad since the overall performance during the first match is terrible as well and the game is prone to crash, which means another first game to play.

This happens on a perfectly fine sub 1 years old WINDOWS 10 computer that runs everything else smoothly, including other blizzard titles. No issues whatsoever on my MacbookPro.

Thanks for looking into it.

I’ve been getting the same issue. First few games, my game seems to go out of sync with everyone else, I will be in combat, but I can see other people are buying cards and upgrading their tavern. I will then leave combat and get maybe 10 seconds to finish my turn, the timer says a random number and then suddenly jumps to combat.
This is really noticeable if someone is spectating me, they are 10 - 15 seconds ahead of me, literally telling me what cards are in my first line up while I have only just started combat.

Hey Mallet

For latency issues in Hearthstone I would try these steps to see if it improves your game experience. :slight_smile:

Looks like even with all their pay to win money Blizzard still cant keep stable servers. Great

I have the same problems as the others. The game is unplayable in the first few rounds. The game is basically behind with 15-20 seconds maximum which means i have 2 seconds to do anything in the recruiting phase. then a huge lagg spike and turn is over. There is nothing i can do on my side to solve this porblem. Im a software developer myself and i know a few more things which could have helped solve this if the problem is on my side, but trust me its all on you. So i would go back to the drawing board and start the brainstorming asap, cuz its affecting a lot of people and losing me a lot of mmr, because if I queue up for a game its 100% last place in the first 2-3 round.

Just create an option to stop all the camera shaking. I am a Unity developer, it’s very easy and effective.

I only lag when i have a good play available to me its sadly the most tilting part of this autochess game. Never lagged in hearthstone, i do like how it happens when u pick afkay cuz it fits how she was in story mode

Im not understanding how i can play bfa fine and this keeps happening just at the right time for me to not snowball the game

I lost a game in battleground and the game did not let out to the lobby. Im basicly stuck in the battlegrtound. The concede button does not let me out and when I restart the game/battlenet client im automaticly resumed into this game that is clearly already finished.

So how do I play this game again?

The original reports in this thread are a few months old, so going to close the thread here. I can see you’ve already created a new thread for your issue Dlunda so if you continue to have problems, just reply there. Thanks!