Bug - Hearthstone Mobile - Galaxy Tab 9 Ultra

I have recently purchased the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 9 Ultra and begun using Hearthstone on it immediately (Battlegrounds mode).

The new tablet is fully updated with current software (Android 13, One UI 5.1.1), and isnt running any background processes, and the game consistently hangs during later combat phases of any game; the only resolution being to fully exit the app and reload each turn (not ideal!)

There isnt any way I can submit a bug report from the tablet but would be happy to give over any information or testing logs if you can show me how to get hold of them so that this bug might be resolved.

Needless to say the Galaxy Tab 9 Ultra is one of the fastest tablets currently available, so it should handle this game without issue, which is why I presume it to be a software bug.

Let me know if I can help further. Thanks,
Wispa.

I experience the same issue with my galaxy tab S9. Why is this happening? Any news regarding this problem??

I have the same issue on galaxy s9+. Hope they can fix it ASAP

Galaxy Tab S9 (the smallest one from the S lineup) same issue.
Only happens in battlegrounds. I have a S22 Ultra (phone) with same software running in background (game hub and optimizer) and there it doesn’t freeze.

About the bug, it happens after a minion attack. The only way to fix it, is to restart the game. Which is annoying. Happens multiple times per battlegrunds game.

Edit nr 2: Issue was happening on Android 13, currently on Android 14 and UI version 6, and it was not fixed.

Edit ne 3: Reinstalled Hearthstone app, this time I used a samsung store, but the issue remains. Any blue cares to answer? :slight_smile:

27 days since my post and nothing happened. Not a single freaking blue post.
Is there not a single living GM or support person left in this damn company? I m sure chat GPT would do a better job answering here.

This freaking game is unplayable on the tablet that is half year old with top specs from android tablets on the market. FIX YOUR DAMN GAME bastards.

I think I figured it out, at least it worked for me. Go to the options menu and change the frame rate to High. It was on low for me by default and I think that messed with the tablet. Hope this works for you too!

Same for me, but in every game mode, not only BG. Galaxy tab s9+. Happens frequently after 5+ turns after any minion attacks. No idea how to fix, changing refresh rate didn’t help

Same problem here. Very annoying. Wish Blizzard would fix.

Same issue with galaxy tab s9. Any samsung game mode feature that is causing this?

I am not sure yet if it is a fix, but testing a few games last night without triggering the bug it made me hopeful. In the screen settings on the galaxy tab s9 there is an option called “Motion smoothness”, which lets you set the screen to 60 hz or adaptive 120hz. After changing this option to standard 60hz, the bug has not shown itself.
#crossingfingers

Sad to say this did not fix the issue.

Same here. ANY progress ? Really?
It has been more than a month since this post has been posted.
No one is working on this problem in blizzard?

I got Android update today to One UI 6.1 (with the AI stuff) big 3 GB update. 1st since November 2023 on my Galaxy Tab S9.

Testing Hearthstone:
Standard - got 2 disconnects and 1 crash with frozen animation frame on minion attack. So it seems that the issue is not on Samsung side. Especially when I found this:

It says its on Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 but I guess difference between Gen 2 we have in Galaxy Tab S9 and Gen 3 is not that big…

CMON BLIZZARD FIX IT. We know you only like your california soyboys with ipads. But I m sure a lot of people would love to play this game without having to restart 10 times per BG or Standard match.

STILL NO FIX. I BOUGHT THIS TABLET TO PLAY HS. AT LEAST GIVE SOME INFO ON THE FIX

UPDATE : 21.04.2024 - issue seems to be fixed. They introduced a new one with Battlegrounds rating not being shown :smiley: But it is much less annoying. 3 days without any freeze or crash.