Cannot Join Friend

I’m trying to play Hearthstone Battlegrounds with my friend.
-We’re both online
-We’re both on our friend lists.

He sent me an invite. My friend tells me he’s waiting for me to accept, but I didn’t get the invite to join the Lobby for Battlegrounds.
I tried to invite him next, and the same thing happened. I tried to invite him to other Hearthstone modes and I got softlock in inviting him to Standard mode, waiting for him to accept the invite he wasn’t getting.

My friend sees my name in the lobby, waiting for me to accept (which I cannot because I don’t receive the invite.
And when I try to do the Battleground invite, I don’t even get to see the Multiplayer Lobby screen, like nothing happens.

Why is this happening? I just want to play with my friend. That’s all I want to ask for, I had a long and tiring day and all I want to do is unwind with my friend and play a game with him.

1 Like

Same here. Just as usual, crass incompetence on Blizzard’s part. Did restart, game repair, game reinstall, everything, still nothing.
It’s embarrassing how such a simple game has such gamebreaking bugs in 2024. Partying up with friends was solved 30 years ago and yet these apes can’t even figure out how to make a card game exhibit basic features (also talking about the random card position swap bug).

UPDATE: I’m only having this issue on EU. If I switch to US, the invites work just fine.

1 Like

Same here, also in EU. Playing with my partner in the same network and still can’t invite each other in Battlegrounds nor Constructed. This was working earlier today though.

New to forum here :slight_smile: but is there a way to escalate the issue?

Unfortunately, contacting support in Blizzard games is like punching a wall with your bare hands until you break through it.

It’s still not fixed. You can even check it out by spectating someone. Once you’re in, you cannot leave the spectated game via the “Leave button” on the bottom right cog. Also, once you’ve actually left the friend’s spectated game, you cannot re-spectate them again, as the only option you have is to stop spectating (eventhough you obviously already did…).
Crass incompetence…

Encountered same issue.
The last thing I did was playing Duos in a party. I closed the game directly without leaving the party after we won the 1st place.

Could you share what you did in your last game? This may help reproduce the issue.

Same here with my wife since last night, also in EU. Anyone try the Desktop version to see if it works there?

Never mind, I did just now and it’s the same problem.

same issue here, hope its fixed soon

Considering I don’t have this problem on US, it must be something account-tied, which probably can be solved easily by a server-side reset… Hopefully will take less than 2 months to solve this complicated never-seen before programming challenge.

UPDATE: I made a new account and everything works just fine. So, as long as you’re not invested in your current account, you can bypass the incompetence. If you’ve already spent the big bucks, then bless you I guess…

UPDATE 2: Issue fixed after last patch.

Same thing here, unable to join a friend’s lobby since yesterday. However, it still works on the US server.

Hi.
I’ve also had the same problem, it worjs fine when I’m alone, but I also can’t play with friends

I just hopped onto Hearthstone today, with my same friend.
Its still the same issue as yesterday. And we both made sure Hearthstone is updated. Its the current version.

1 Like

I also have this exact issue

The issue no longer exists for me after an update to version 29.2.2.198711.198314 (EU)

Yup. Just tested it with my friend we’re able to play once again.
Crisis over. We can all keep playing together again.