Cant play hearthstone

To whom it my concern,

I am stuck for the first time ever at the tavern door of HS. I tried everything nothing works, I am from South Africa, East London and I really spend a lot of money on my Battle net account for Hearthstone. Please can anyone from HS or Blizzard help me regarding my current issue. I also know there is a problem with our (internet company), but I can browse so my internet is working. I am stuck at the tavern doors and also cannot watch live streams of hearthstone anymore on twitch. Please assist me.

Regards
Heinrich

2 Likes

I’m also in South Africa - Cape Town - with a fine internet connection, and can’t play the game on any of my devices, no matter how many times I re-install the application. I think this may be a region issue - would love someone to take a look.

Thank you, at least I know I am not the only one

Hello,

To sort this issue try first all the steps in this guide here.

If the problem persists try these other instructions:
PC >

• Check if you need to still complete your Blizzard account registration
  • Disable any overlay like Discord, Razer, Nvidia Share etc…
  • Make sure you delete the Hearthstone folder in %localappdata%\Blizzard and also try to start the game from a new Administrator profile

MAC >

• The recent patches raised the minimum OS requirement - check if you meet the new Minimum System Requirements (Yosemite OS X 10.10.5 is not supported anymore)

Mobile >

• If the problem is on a Tablet, create an Hotspot 3G with a phone. Connect to the Hotspot and load Hearthstone. If the game loads, then it should load also with the WiFi.

Hi,

I am also from SA and have the same issue.
I have followed the steps suggested and this has not fixed the issue.

Please Help

1 Like

Thank you for the reply as well as the support, but unfortunately nothing works and like I said before I think it is a region internet problem and I am not sure if Hearthstone or Blizzard can help with this issue for us that are situated in South Africa.

So glad to have finally found this thread, I’ve already spent days running diagnostics and trying everything I could find online to try and fix it to no avail…

Also from Cape Town with a solid ADSL line, and also tried with my vodacom dongle and my phone’s internet. Nothing works sadly

Regional problem I read an articular saying a big network cable under water broke from Telkom and now it effects our international internet server. I cannot even watch hearthstone live on twitch it keeps on loading. If I even want to download a movie on overseas network it says 9 days to download. I hope I can play hearthstone soon…

1 Like

k glad im not the only one…from Pretoria with same issue.
HS:CT;NetCacheCardValues=1

also tried all diagnostic steps…to no prevail…was at the point of busting screens…
lets hope its just the under water cable…Eskom has something in this as well probs.

Yea the seacom cable probably i got the same HS:CT;NetCacheCardValues=1 issue.
What is weird tho i can play normally with my phone.

+1 from Port Elizabeth. Timing sucks.

Yes plus, another underwater cable broke that connects S.A to the U.K…so 2 cables is broken now and the boat at CPT still did not leave yet to fix the cables. I am telling you now we South Africans are going to suffer easily for 2 months maybe more…

I have the same problem on my Ipad
The game says “Hearthstone has been updated! Please download latest version”
But in App Store there is no update.
I have tried to reinstall the game but same result.
I have also tried connect thru hotspot Wifi and mobile but no success.
I am on vacation on Cyprus.

Please help.

I have this problem on 2 different iphones. Says I need to update, restart but doesnt work. Not even when I remove the game and re-download it.
Is there anything else I can do to get this sorted?

Durban, South African here. I’m having the same problem. Apparently the cable is to be fixed on the 29th…