Current state of meta

The meta has settled down now and there are quite a few horrible decks out there right now.

Rogue - Super broken, everyone knows why. Worst one for me is waggle pick on turn 8 with 1 charge and leeroy can deal minimum 16 face damage, assuming weapon hasnt been buffed. That much face damage with zero board presense on turn 8 is beyond stupid.

Hunter - Bomb hunter is the current no brain required deck, spam hand, magnetize, hit face, gg.

Warrior - If you’re looking for a boring matchup look no further. Control warrior features all sorts of removal with rushing mechs galore. You have to be prepared for 4 omega defenders and 4 dyn-o-matics, maybe a couple zilliax. They wont actually kill you unless the game has ran for over 30 minutes though, great win condition, bore opponent to death.

The worst 3 examples for me. What are peoples thoughts?

1 Like

You just want to know what decks people dislike?

Its not the easiest question for me atm.

My greater concern is that my fav murloc zoo isnt in a good position atm and i have a harder time finding a deck i like to go to ranked with.

So for me personally im aware thst meta can be stale and borring but we only got one expansion this rotation so i was mentally prepared that we wont drown in diversity so …

So is not having taunts in play and not crushing rogues by turn 6

No card draw, runs out of steam by turn 5, and if you can single target remove the magnetised minion it’s sad face for them. Owl makes them insta quit if the initial mech was a 0/2 bomb

Oh, odn’t be modest, everybody knows it’s a gazilion zilliaxes, omilion omegas etc. If you gonna exagerate - just do it properly. Warrior has 4 mass removals, do with this info as you consider. Also, they loose to both big mage, tempo hunter and mecha chtun decks.

That you are frustrated and venting, spilling a bit of bs. What deck are you playing?

1 Like

this just occurred to me: has there ever been a T1 deck that people didn’t consider brainless?

4 Likes

Azra you always come with bs responses and made up fantasy answers to things.

‘Not crushing rogues by turn 6’ talking complete and utter bollocks even an aggro deck wouldnt do that often.

‘Owl makes bomb hunter quit’ of course it does they dont run hardly any magnetize mechs so whatever would they do.

At least make believable points.

1 Like

Yes, there was. The deck they were playing was never considered brainless.

4 Likes

It’s interesting that you mention Rogue as a problem deck considering that it has dropped from Tier 1 to bottom Tier 2 in the last 2 weeks. If you have a problem with that deck, maybe you are playing decks that don’t counter it.

Same with Mech Hunter, that is now on the decline in favour of Secret Hunter.

Control warrior has been around since…oooh, I don’t know…the start of the game? Fact is, there are a lot of aggro/tempo decks at the start of this meta…just like every other meta…and, as such, people will search for a control deck to counter this and warrior is the obvious go to.

As Azra asked, what deck are you playing out of interest? It’s hard to gauge WHY you are struggling without know what you are playing. I spoke to someone the other day who was complaining about the meta being awful, till I found out he was playing Secret Paladin which has literally been one of the worst decks of the meta since day one.

But the fact of the matter is, the meta evolves constantly over the 4 months between expansions and it’s prudent to keep an eye on what is performing well against what, taking note of what archetypes are most popular in your region and playing decks that work well against them

Rayven I dont know where i said i was struggling, dont believe i said that. Rogue is bottom tier 2 deck where you getting your facts lol? Im rank 2 at the moment just played 6 rogues and 1 warrior last 7 games so they dont seem to be losing popularity like you claim.

I stated the 3 worse decks for me to play and wondered what others thought, no repsonses to the actual thread at hand.

What is the point of a disussion forum when people choose to make snarky comments and dont actually engage.

1 Like

Since I made a snarky comment without saying anything on-topic, I wanna remedy that. I have to do this by saying that I agree with Rayven though and here’s why: I don’t mind any deck except bomb warrior. there’s only one reason: I only play control warrior (yea, that’s fun for me :wink: ).

when I meet a token druid I jump up and high-five my favorite stuffed animal because I can already taste the star in my mouth.

I’ve dabbled back into wild a bit and hated playing big priest. really really hated it. then I switched to odd paladin (yea sorry, don’t judge my character because of my deck choices ;D) and actually like meeting big priests now.

so in the end the answer to this question is really subjective and above all, dependent on the hero deck.

1 Like

Can you gib sum points supporting this statement, or is it blown out of proportion rant like the previous one? Asked you for you deck wanting to help you, you made it about my persona, ok, here you go. Debunking crybabies round 2…

If you make proactive plays (most decks allow it) rogue has no hand, no board by that turn, unless he can replenish his hand quickly it’s gg for him. Especially doable with big mage, hunters, shamans, and warriors.

Core mech/bomb hunter deck runs 12 mag minions.
Ranks 5 and above, hunters use mag as a charg for the 5/5 or 4/1 and 4/4 minions, in rare ocasions keep in hand the 8 mana kill all on board combo. So they not only run mainly mag mechs, but also start maging from turn 3, so the chance to hit a silence on a 0/2 bomb while their hand is empty or contains 1-2 card at turn 5 and make them quit is … 17/2 is my stat this season vs mech hunter, most of them were rage quits by turn 7

Here you go mate, happy to be of service…
now… can you do it?

That comming after “Rogue is super broken” answers my last question :smiley:

Indeed, one can argue that this is the point exactly but the moment I’ve asked you about your deck and why rogue seems to trouble you you got a … yup snarky comment.

1 Like

What exactly about my post was snarky? Amazing how people get so offended on here by anybody who doesn’t instantly agree with them. You actually did suggest you were struggling by claiming that these 3 decks were problem decks for you. As they are popular decks at the moment, if they are regularly causing you problems then you are struggling. I was offering help and advice as to how to combat them, but given your over-reaction to what was a genuine response I don’t see why I should bother.

As for where I’m getting my info…from here:

https://hsreplay.net/meta/

You may want to take note of the fact that the average winrate of Tempo rogue is just not even 2% better than the bottom rated tier 2 deck. And a 52% winrate is considered to be average at best in the upper ranks.,…but what do I know huh?

I feel for you, Therampager, I really do.

1 Like

I was watching a streamer before some days and i saw a ridiculous combo that he did killing his opponent while he was at 30 health in one turn. His opponent had perfect board control and actually he was ahead.

he was playing shaman and it was at 10 mana and he had coin

• he plays leeroy
  • he buffs it with +3 attack
  • he give it windfury
  • he uses the coin and faceless manipulator, the minion that transforms into a copy of another one (somehow this minion costed only 2 mana that turn, but i don’t know which card he used before, cause i didn’t watch the entire match from the start)

And now he has… leeroy with 9 damage buffed and windfury = 18 damage + the same damage from manipulator = 36 damage.

I was not impressed about the combo, honestly it is not a very complicated combo to think about it. But i was impressed how ridiculous this game has become. He just used 4 cards to deal 36 damage and that’s all.

Well it was the rng which caused farsight to draw faceless manipulater i assume.

So its by far not doable every game.

Still its a tough cooky ofc like waggle pick leeroy on turn 10

But im sure we can all agree that every single hearthstone player was saved and got screwed by rng at least one time on his life.

Also it had to be 5 cards because leeroy got windfury

Technically 6 cards with farsight because of the cost reduction.

Agreed 100+1% considering Rogue.

Mech Hunter is quite balanced. I dont think its brainless. You need to protect your board to Magnetize your minions, it requires some planning on how to Magnetize correctly in the upcoming 2 turns, playing around Sap or Silence forces you to avoid Magnetize completely, etc. Actually Hunter is very skill testing. You need to find a balance between controlling the board and going face; when its the right time to get greedy, when not, when to go wide, when to go tall. Midrange decks like Mech Hunter make HS feel healthy again.

Warrior now… for sure they are beatable. Especially Bomb Warrior. Control Warrior is tad of a problem. Games take too frustratingly long. I also feel theyve got an unfair advantage over other classes, since its the only Hero left in Standard (along with Hagatha).

The ‘problem’ from my angle is:

• Permanent Rush
  • Omega Assembly
  • Delivery Drone (Dr. Boom’s Hero power)

but here’s the thing. You cant nerf Dr. Boom coz even as he is, he comes nowhere close to lets say Bloodreaver Guldan or Deathstalker Rexxar. If you HoF him, its unfair coz Dr. Boom didnt see enough play, compared to previous DK Heroes.

So maybe its better to leave him as he is and nerf other Warrior key-cards.

1 Like

Yes these kind of combos can’t happen in every game, but in my opinion they would not even exist in the game. Because it doesn’t matter how good you play to take control of the board, you can still lose because the other one got the 5 cards to kill you in one turn.

whereas if you play well consistently, it doesn’t matter if you lose a game here and there in which the opponent pulled a miracle 5-card-combo on you.

The Hunter varied deck with the mech package counters warrior, combined with secrets package defeats rogues or the beast spec with weapon removal, with spell spec as hunter you keep removing the mechs. The Hunter class is the most common and varied of all to counter the decks you mentioned.

The warlock class can cope with the above with control and zoolock packages put in there are enough out there.

The shaman, druid tokens has good success to a degree on the decks you mentioned.

The paladin with dragon or the healing package is a hard counter and has 50/50 chance vs warrior.

The mage class has a few tricks freeze, big minion mage, token mage with alots of small spells to trigger.

The meta may of settled but to say the 3 decks you list are OP they are not.

that’s not even so bad, it’s the early game tempo that breaks it so hard, other aggro decks can not compete with that, making a board of their own that contests the rogue’s without leaving their face open

2 Likes