Get Thread context failed fatal error in GC

i have tried everything you can imagine to stop this crash from happening but to no avail.

i have deleted and reinstalled the game, used the blizzard repair tool, i have allowed all hearthstone related items through the firewall and have also tried running the game with my antivirus software disabled. i have used CMD sfc /scannow to no avail as well. all drivers and components up to date with no errors.

any suggestions?

4 Likes

Same here…

400 pts lost on BG in two days :frowning:

2 Likes

This could be occurring as a result of a damaged User Account. Does this happen under a new administrator account?

I’m constantly crashing too. If Hearthstone isn’t the window in focus when I que up it seems to crash (the part where it normally stutters/freezes when you find a lobby, then resumes normally). Also have the “get thread context failed” so frequently I can’t play. Only thing that seems to help is leaving battle net minimized instead of closed while I play. Could be wrong.

I am getting this too time to time.

Same problem here. It only happens in battlegrounds but it’s very annoying !

1 Like

Same problem here.And that is happening after the last patch.I never had this problem before.

I have the same problem. Since last patch I had around 100 of crashes…
I’m losing will to play

Now I see so many ppl having the same issues… all I can search is 1~2 years ago in google… I been having this issue since United in Stormwind patch… Thanks for irritating me while I got all key card to win a battleground game, getthreadcontext error pop out and I cant do anything :slight_smile:

the same problem since patch

Started to get this error as well… never has seen it before!

Did anyone of you try to contact the support ? Seems like no support is willing to reply on my problem and my post does get deleted

Same Problem here. New Patch did NOT fix it. Please help!

1 Like

Same problem here. Have this message at least once per BG. The new patch did not change anything.

I have a feeling that it is getting worse every day.

Same issue here, it has been couple of weeks now, can someone from Blizzard confirm they are on it at least

The garbage collector fails. It looks like a memory leak. I hope the dev team is already on it.

never had any problems, and now, no way to play battlegrounds …

Same issue here ,started after the new battlegrounds update even happening in standard,BGs are unplayable anyone found a fix?

Support told me to quit all blizzard applications, the follow:

1. https://eu.battle.net/support/de/article/34721
  2. https://eu.battle.net/support/de/article/34719

reboot, start as admin, do a scan and repair.

im currently checking if it works.

BUT!!! This error only occured to me when i played in windowed mode. I tried switching to fullscreen for 2 days and didnt have any errror in like 6 hours gametime.

Since i prefer playing in windowed mode, i hope this helps!

GL