Hearthstone 2 or new game

hi, Hearthstone is 6 years and fans are waiting for complete new game! I think, that the best is format of Dungeons & Dragons board games, but with new interplay features, as now exist in many indie games. I thought about this a long time ago and today I had a dream about this game!!!

1. Similar board, rules, mechanics from Hartstone. Core gameplay is moving your heroes and units on cell path by map. Best from D&D “step by step” with interactive “point and clic” possibilityes, where you found quest information (like reading cards in a Monopoly) and move your hero by cells in field. Also there gona be strategic point control by minions, similar to control factory in a Monopoly and neural beast mobs. Cell will hawe condition: Your hero move 1 step forward or back, or many other effects.
  2. Big maps with board and cells, like in Jumanji, or an old film about ancient Egypt - “Senet” game type, or “Snake and ladders”. I thought about a much larger field, where there will be a whole fantasy map with huge area and a lot of interactive, with 50-100 cells/sectors. Tactical relief: sea, forest, mount, cave, ship… Match will be session like “Warcraft Country” run from WoW-HS map.
  3. There will be the possibility to insert cards into sector, which have the common, rare, epic crystal. Player must win couple of mibs or make special conditions by sector rule, where will be description like in Heartstone card. You can paly card in sector and if you win this will “upgrade sector”, what will have consequences for other players. If you change sector power from common to rare or otherwise other player will found another situation on board. You will need to spend cards and found new ones directly on the field, studying different game decks.
  4. Sectors will have a condition that make you retreat for a few sectors back or climb next by stairs. There will be a some kind of race for several players in one way field with different branches - depend of game mode. But game can change quest stage and you will turn in to strategy controll stage, something like in Civilization.
  5. There will be more mechanics from Hartstone and board games: chips, pieces and various types of cubes. I hope that more impressive possibilities will appear, like “holographic chess” from Star Wars or “chess type games”… but without classic black and white 20 sectors. Board will be looks like RPG map, like some enthusiast make by own hands.
  6. RTS mechanics: stats, loot, potions, units, resourser gathering, worker in mine… and more from Warcraft 3. There will be intersections on tracks and all this will have turn-based interplay options. Perhaps some mechanics will be looks like Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Pve mode in the style of D&D or “escape from traps”, as in on the Island of thunder in WoW (or warcraft3 tomb of Sargeras). It is a PVE where you can farm gold.
  7. Everyone can easly imagine a lot of feature and mechanics from epic board games with video game history as: D&D, cyberpunk, follout, x-com… and many others.
  8. In video “developer diaries” you showe so much material that wasn’t released - but why? You are so eager to hide everything from players when you could apply these features to Heartstone or another game.
  9. Board makes you want to play backgammon / chess / checkers or the most ancient kind of games in history, like “Snakes and Ladders”, “Shen”, “Ur”, “Leela”. Once a month, you can issue a series / part of the map, which would take place in this mode, which tells the story from Warcraft Lore. This will cause instant fun and little victiiry. There can be another gameplay, as moving by cells if you have a win and when you lose, you stand still or indent back.
  10. The campaign mode, with global map for Horde and Alliance, where there will be individual maps and territories. Maybe you can chose opponent and make a attack on some kind of World map. There you can found their village, castle, taverns to operate (maybe some will be linked locally to local Internet providers). Mode will be dedicated to the legends of Warcraft and plot of the Warcraft 2 and 3 campaign.
1 Like