Hearthstone Update Compatibility

Hello,

When the last update came out, I tried to update the game on my Oneplus One but Google Play does not show Hearthstone on the store.

I tried checking via PC and found out that Google Play says it is no longer compatible with my phone. However, when I checked the requirements (here https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/28991), it should still work.

Any help?

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same thing here, android 6.0 on my one plus one

This has happened to me also for that last two significant updates to the game.

I suspect it has something to do with the way Hearthstone now seems to download many incremental updates in advance which ā€˜go liveā€™ instead of a large update on patch day.

Iā€™d like to add that this new system is bloody awful, and I wish I could opt of of it.

Soz for double post but I just fixed the issue on my OnePlus 6T. Canā€™t remember what Android version but itā€™s the latest one.

Note: Make sure you are near Wi-Fi as this triggers a 1.2GB download, and a further 800MB(ish) once the app loads. Also you will need your Blizzard login info.

Go into Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Hearthstone -> Storage -> Clear Storage and Clear Cache.

Restart the app and it should say ā€œchecking versionā€ at the bottom. After it downloads login to the app again and hey-presto.

Hey, thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve had problems like yours, and when I tried reseting the cache on the phone, it would naturally restart the download and even lead me to the Google Play store for any updates.

However, this time, I have no item to download or update on the store, as it now defines my OnePlus One as incompatible with the game, despite having the required specs.

I donā€™t know if clearing the cache is the right answer this time :confused:

What version of Android are you running?

Iā€™m on version 9.0. Hearthstone apparently needs version 5.0 or higher, Iā€™m guessing a OnePlus One can handle that.

Did you clear the local storage and the cache?

Only clearing the cache didnā€™t work for me.

Note I did not uninstall the app itself. My phone OS had two different clear options next to eachother.

Iā€™m on 6.0, and my phone has no specs below the required minima.

Since youā€™ve been so helpful, I tried clearing the cache and data. But now I have an app that has no data and redirects me to a store that shows me no item to download :confused:

I donā€™t know if the only solution is for Blizzard to correct the info on Google Play, as it doesnā€™t seem to depend on the requirements listed on the Blizzard website :frowning:

Bugger. For what itā€™s worth sorry it didnā€™t work for you.

One possible workaround would be to install the Amazon App Store (which I think requires you to enable installing apps from unknown sources but I am unsure) and installing Hearthstone via the Amazon App Store instead of Google Play.

As your card collection and so forth is tied to your Blizzard account you wonā€™t lose your collection or progress towards other things.

Got the same problem since the last update - when i get redirected to google app store i get the ā€˜item not foundā€™ message. my android version is 6.0.1 and should be compatible.

anyone got this figured out? installing via amazon fix this?

thanks.