I am actually Sad

I dont want to whine here and i never really cared about topics like I DONT LIKE THE GAME I QUIT.
And this one is not really like that…im acctually sad.
I have been playin HS since Lich king and i always liked the game with changes, yeah it was some annoying decks or cards but this game always was the only game i kept playin while quitting others, and these days its THE ONLY GAME I still play …well played.
AFter stormwind came out, i tried to find some way to like it, i really did coz if not HS i have literally nothing on my PC to play that picks my interest, I dont want to lose this game but…
this expansion is just horrible, every new quest is about going face, zero care for board, new decks easily beat wild decks now which also means indicator that they are too strong,
USually if u dont like new expansion u just find joy in wild away from standard, but this time standard decks take sh on u in there too.
While i was like OK ill suffer, ill watch how tickatus burns 10 of my cards with bran …ok
NOw i just die on warlocks turn. And it was just an example, i Dont mean only warlock is the problem (while its def the strongest class quest atm that was HAHA not nerfed)

IM very sad, but I just dont enjoy even a bit this game and Oh well goodbye the last blizzard game I actually used to enjoy

10 Likes

You can still play control and win against those decks.Some decks I’ve been enjoying playing in Standard:

Pirate Warrior with an Armor package. This is an awesome tempo/control deck with a lot of Armor generation

Pirate Questline

Class: Warrior

Format: Standard

Year of the Gryphon

1x (1) Raid the Docks

2x (1) Shield Slam

2x (1) Shiver Their Timbers!

2x (1) Stage Dive

2x (2) Harbor Scamp

1x (3) Bulwark of Azzinoth

2x (3) Cargo Guard

1x (3) Lord Barov

2x (3) Stormwind Freebooter

1x (4) Kargath Bladefist

1x (4) Outrider’s Axe

2x (4) Rancor

2x (4) Sword Eater

2x (5) Brawl

2x (5) Shieldmaiden

2x (5) Stonemaul Anchorman

1x (6) Kresh, Lord of Turtling

1x (7) Overlord Saurfang

1x (9) Rattlegore

AAECAePjAwi+uQP5wgOT0AOr1AOO7QOq7gOP7wOY9gMLtd4Dwd4Dj+0D1fEDlfYDlvYDl/YDz/sDiKAEiaAE7aAEAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Maestra Rogue- Halloween came early.

Maestra Rogue

Class: Rogue

Year of the Gryphon

2x (1) Meeting Stone

2x (2) Cult Neophyte

2x (2) Far Watch Post

1x (2) Maestra of the Masquerade

2x (2) Pandaren Importer

2x (2) Wandmaker

2x (2) Wicked Stab (Rank 1)

1x (3) Brightwing

1x (3) Flightmaster Dungar

1x (3) Mankrik

1x (3) Nobleman

1x (3) Rustrot Viper

2x (3) Venomous Scorpid

1x (4) Cheesemonger

1x (4) Circus Amalgam

1x (4) Fishy Flyer

1x (4) Southsea Scoundrel

1x (5) Overlord Runthak

1x (6) Lady Prestor

1x (7) Keymaster Alabaster

1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer

1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder

1x (10) C’Thun, the Shattered

AAECAZDABBCH1AP23QP03wO/4AOU7wOm7wPn8AOh+QPQ+QPR+QPS+QPW+QPX+QOqigSwigSooAQH/tEDi9UDlugD9+gDqusDpO8DyfkDAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Questline Priest

Questline

Class: Priest

Year of the Gryphon

2x (0) Desperate Prayer

1x (1) Draconic Studies

1x (1) Seek Guidance

2x (2) Pandaren Importer

1x (2) Renew

1x (2) Shadow Word: Death

2x (3) Devouring Plague

1x (3) Enthusiastic Banker

2x (3) Entrapped Sorceress

1x (3) Mindrender Illucia

1x (3) Shadowed Spirit

1x (4) Hysteria

2x (4) Void Shard

1x (4) Xyrella

1x (5) Ogremancer

1x (5) Taelan Fordring

2x (6) Lightshower Elemental

1x (6) Smug Senior

1x (7) Elekk Mount

1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer

1x (7) Soul Mirror

1x (8) Mo’arg Forgefiend

1x (8) Natalie Seline

1x (8) Primordial Protector

AAECAZqrBBKTugPIvgPezAP70QOM1AOO1AP44wOh6APe7APU7QOm7wPd9gOg9wPM+QPN+QOoigTBnwTxnwQGmesDmusDm+sDzfIDiPcDyfkDAA==

I’m running Enthusiastic Banker here for the achievement. It’s actually a pretty good minion, but you can run any other card advantage 3 drop.

I also enjoy Questline Druid, though it’s a bit tricky to play.

Guff’s Tough Stuff

Class: Druid

Year of the Gryphon

2x (0) Pounce

1x (1) Lost in the Park

2x (1) Nature Studies

2x (2) Guess the Weight

2x (2) Lunar Eclipse

2x (2) Mark of the Spikeshell

2x (2) Solar Eclipse

2x (3) Feral Rage

2x (3) Fungal Fortunes

2x (3) Moontouched Amulet

2x (4) Park Panther

2x (5) Arbor Up

2x (5) Glowfly Swarm

2x (6) Best in Shell

1x (7) Marsh Hydra

2x (8) Cenarion Ward

AAECAaXABALtugOj9gMO5boD77oDm84DieADiuADouEDpOED0eEDjOQDiu0DpPYD0fYDuKAEuaAEAA==

There’s a lot of stuff to like about this expansion. There were always a couple of decks that kept dominating the meta. It’s no different now.

When the next major expansion comes, the quests either will be forgotten, or retuned.

Those control decks get absolutely destroyed by quest Mage and especially quest Warlock if they know what they’re doing.

3 Likes

I actually win quite often with Pirate Warrior against Quest Mage.I’m in Legend rank.

If it’s with that list then I am genuinely shocked. The faster version of the deck is getting beat 70-30 and giving them more turns is just giving them more ignites.

1 Like

Winning vs warlock with those?I’d love to see some vids of yours doing that,especially now that the update got a few weeks that kicked in and people start to stabilize their decks and cards in it.
It didnt get any better,just worse.
And trust me,no matter judging that i made quite a few posts about how lame the game became,i play since 2014,experienced every update in ranked -Standard or Wild- and i can say for sure this update is the worst by far ever happened.
Especially with warlock,the problem started already since previous update with Tickatus and continues with UiS.And yes,it surpasses BY FAR even zoolock era nightmare.

3 Likes

Yeah, those decks get destroyed by Quest Warlock and Quest Shaman. On the topic of Quest Shaman and Quest Warlock: it feels like 80% of the ladder in upper diamond and Lower legend is the Warlock and Shaman decks. I really like a meta where one deck (Warlock) plays their health like it’s nothing and have constant health regen while they burn their deck to inflict damage upon you without any regard to a mechanic and the other deck (Quest Shaman) plays their mana and unlocks it at will with 1 mana spell and if they don’t have it they play cards that can remove CONTROL boards (I repeat CONTROL BOARDS - which are supposed to be the cherry on TOP of a certain archetype of deck ) with a 1 mana minion and a 2 mana spell. This is the most brain dead since Jade Druid in 2016 and even those deck required your memory to check how many Jade Idols you have in deck.

3 Likes

Yea, you could make substitutions to make these stronger. For instance, subsituting one Sword Eater with Circus Amalgam or with Pirate Scoundrel.

I’ve been wondering, has anyone tried countering Quests with Banana Vendors and King Mukla? It could be decent against decks with a lot of card draw.

I can’t imagine banana vender being good because it’s not impactful enough for the inconvenience. Mukla however sounds like a great shout for any minion based deck.

I feel your pain brother. It is so sad that this game has fallen into incompetent, unprofessional, incapable, clueless and ignorant hands who have zero sense, zero idea and zero vision of the game. I have been running over and over into this Stormwind Quest Warlock in standard and getting destroyed without having the ability to do anything about it.
I do not know who thought of this idea but whoever that dimwit was, I really hope like from the bottom of my heart that he or she really get they deserve. I have just quit the game and I am not putting myself in a position where something supposed to be enjoyed gives me depression and stress.

5 Likes

It’s ok, they will release a couple of mini sets, so you have to spend more money and after that all the nerfs will start. Do you really think they will make big adjustments now, without making you spend money or spend a lot of time farming gold/dust for those new cards?

4 Likes

Stop misinforming people and stop lying, the Data is against you

I can’t misinform people about my own enjoyment, man. It’s mine.

1 Like

This is the meta when reno is “too slow” Disgusting i can’t even play all the cool card i have that are 5 + mana cause they are too slow. Even cards that was op for 5+ mana now are Just trash.

2 Likes

But hey, let’s have a class that can absolutely destroy it’s hp and get it back with 1-2-3 mana spells and on top of that let’s inflict damage upon ourselves because it will go to the enemy. This is such a stupid expansion. Playing off meta decks (even thought this term “off meta decks” should not exist in a game that has a variety of classes/mechanics) made me realise that I am happy when I get beaten by something other than aggro shaman/quest shaman/quest warlock.

I miss the days where every class had a decent archetype that would make it at least compatible and competitive with the idea. Never seen an expansion where the pro players pick the same decks instead of thinking what decks should they bring out of a variety of choices

3 Likes

I agree. It took me a while to come to this conclusion. I thought I didn’t have the cards. Or I didn’t have the skill. Or there was something else misssing and with a bit more play it would be fun again.

All in all though, these questlines are far, far too strong - both as an idea and as an implementation. The tragedy is there is no interaction, or barely any. You cant destroy them. You cant stop them being drawn. You can’t win before they can be played. Removing the final creature on some of them doesn’t help with its battlecry effect… and because they always key off what your opponent does rather than what you do, you can’t play round them either.

The only counterplay I have found is Oh My Yogg (and requiring going first and drawing it at the start is a bit of a task). Otherwise it is jout load up on your own OP questline and push from there.

What used to be a fun game now seems to entirely pivot round one single card in a deck which makes all games, both with an against that deck feel the same. Gone are backup win conditions, alternative playstyles or variant with a particular deck (not saying there are not differences but when such a high impact comes from one card they all feel functionally the same).

The shame is that it is a cool idea. Queslines are fantastic as a concept - some incremental rewards that means that one spell gives value through the game is quite nice. Either a higher cost so it comes a little later and there are more ways to stop it, or making it massively weaker would seem to be needed.

Ah well, I guess there is still battlegrounds.

2 Likes

the most insane things is the power creep for the 1-2 mana card and the draw card for some class they are like 4-5 mana cards from 1 years ago and the most annoying thing is that all those combo card tht you cannot interact with them you just see them winning the game and you can’t do nothing…

Questlines pretty darned strong compared to other recent added gameplay styles like frenzy. But the only ones that stand out to me as being too strong are the hunter and priest questline.

The hunter one will simply destroy any player wich doesnt run a heal heavy deck without any issue Just by spamming a few cheap spells. I feel like the number of spells wich is required to upgrade the hero power should be higher. Or atleast put a mana cost requirement for the spells they got to use. Its silly that they already can have the questline done on turn 3. And on top of the hero power being made OP the 5 cost minion you get for completing it also is 7/7.

The priest in my opinion has a way lesser chance of finishing the quests as you can do more about the boars with some control spells. But if they succeed there is absolutely nothing you can do against that weapon. it has 15/3. Thats very strong, but if you have enough taunt you should be able to toughen it out. But the fact it destroys all your mana crystals every single time it attacks is just nonsense.

I can understand one or 2 or 3 crystals being destroyed, with your crystals constantly being lowered to 1 there is absolutely nothing you can do to defend yourself.

The other questlines are far more balanced compared to the broken hunter and priest ones. But especially the hunter one

2 Likes

I proposed running King Mukla against Warlock since he draws so many cards.

I’ve just had a game against Quest Mage with my Priest deck, where my opponent was insistent on going face since he completed his quest, and he couldn’t deal with my big minions so I waited until he wasted all his damaging spells on my face, leaving me with 4 health, and for 10 mana I played Elekk’s Mount and Illucia, while he had a single card remaining.

There was nothing he could do with my hand to inflict damage further so I won off of that.

There are always ways to turn the tables.

Lompcent, you’re talking about Elwynn Boars. That’s not a questline, and it’s pretty tricky to complete and requires a lot of setup. Of course, the reward will be appropriate.

Honestly you got lucky they cleared missed all their draw cards. 1 mana draw 2 and 2 mana draw (at least) 4 means they never run out of burn against me.

A well timed Ilucian is a way 1 class can win sum times. Well not against Warlock, you might as well concede that matchup as a priest.