Ice Barrier - wrong gameplay

Hi Blizzard team!
Scerario:
On Arena run I played Mage and the opponent was a Hunter (importnat).
At 2 blood I played Ice Barrier and with one of my minions I attacked his hero.
The Huter had Misdirection secret in play, which was triggered by my minion attaching him. Misdirection targeted my minion at my hero. “How fortunate”, I thought, “It will trigger my Ice Barrier and I’ll win the game”.
However, insted of triggering my Ice Barrier, my minion killed me, which showld be wrong, as Ice Barrier says: “When your hero is attacked gain 8 Armor”.

So, either chnage that to: “When your hero is attacked by enemy gain 8 Armor” or make Ice Barrier trigger in such situations.

The sad thig is this ended my arena run, so I would appretiate at least 1 free Arena ticket :wink:

Best regards,
Peter

If I understand your post correctly, the events unfolded as intended. The trick is in the fact that secrets are not active during your turn. That is why e.g. a bomb in your deck can kill you at the start of your turn even though you have Ice Block.

(clarification: the exception are secrects which trigger at the start of the controlling player’s turn)

2 Likes

BTW, is this documented anywhere? And why not let the secrets be active always? What drawback will that bring?

Just hover over any secret in your collection.
It states that a secret is ‘Hidden until a specific action occurs on your opponent’s turn.’.

Edit: Also, this is necroposting.

right.

SUE ME :crazy_face:

Please don’t necro old posts