Invokers of Hope - Mercenaries Quest

I’ve finished the Annointed Blade bounty on heroic both with and without Chi-Li but I still don’t get credited despite the entirety of the team being all casters.

Am I the only one having this issue?

11 Likes

Same here used my holy / shadow teams and no credit.

2 Likes

Did it twice and no credit either time… on first I though ice wall might have bugged it (or summoning demon) so I didn’t get summon any extra mobs 2nd time, but still nothing.

5 Likes

same problem here, seems bugged

3 Likes

Same here, did it with two different caster groups, still have not been credited with it

3 Likes

I used a holy team. No quest credit at all. :sweat:

oh i thought it was only me ><
same here:(
any hidden requirements ? one of my merc was under 30

1 Like

Same here, leaving a comment to get notified on updates.

1 Like

Same here, used 3 shadow / 3 nature casters at lvl30 and quest not completed

Same. Finished twice because the first time I’ve used Jaina’s elementals, so I tought that maybe those were considered non-caster units.
Second win whit holy-based team, still no prize.
Added to bug list…

Same here, did it with 6 casters.
It was a tough fight but I won, exhausted I looked on my quest: 0/1
…feels bad, pls fix that soon.

seems like u shouldnt pickup any boons durin your route to boss.
p.s. havent tested yet
p.s.2 no idea is it intended or a bug

2 Likes

Yes i tested it , u must complete it without any coins/boons/spirits. Working!

4 Likes

it works with mystery coin. it doesn’t work with caster (blue) coin

1 Like

Also tested it, nothing but fights all the way to the boss and it worked.

You can use spirit healer at least. Worked for me with one at least.

Just bumping thread to share I am having the same issue. According to r/hearthstone it should indeed work without taking any boons, but I still wanted to post on the official forums.

Bug or not, these things are very frustrating as a player. As someone mentioned above, you spend your time following the ingame instructions only to not be rewarded for them.

I realize mistakes can happen and bugs can always sneak past playtesting, but since release the state of mercenaries hasn’t exactly been… polished. It’s accumulating to a point where I’m starting to wonder why I’m even still spending my time on this.

/endrant

2 Likes

It took me several tries before killing the last boss, and when I finally got it the task was not completed. So i discovered that the blue coin is bugging the task. Disappointed :frowning:

2 Likes

And just to confirm: you cannot use Boons, nor SPUD explosive. Actually have to reload the map few times to ensure that the path doesn’t have either.

1 Like

The same seems to apply to the Songs of Harmony quest (only beasts and dragons).

To say this is frustrating is a bit of an understatement.
Do they test at all I wonder?

3 Likes