Is Malfurion's Liferoot Staff Broken/Bugged?

I am a returning player that left hearthstone long before mercenaries came out I have recently returned and spent a long time following guides etc to build the nature comp for pve . After days of farming to get Malfurion and his liferoot staff . I can’t seem to get it to work. It sometimes will trigger the heal animation but never actually heals anyone on my team. No matter what nature ability I use it just won’t heal. I have tried everything I can think of . I am about to just shut down my account again and find something else to play as this has been such a let down after a long grind. Is anyone else having this problem. I have been unable to find anything about this being mentioned anywhere other than a single line post by another player about a month ago with no reply or response.

At least the rank 4 of Liferoot Staff (heals 6 per nature spell) works fine. Lot of equipment have bugs at lower ranks where they do absolutely nothing, so I wouldn’t be very surprised if this is another one of those. That said, of course it’s good to also remember that some enemies can block all healing (including Mi’da boss fight).

What comes to nature comp for PvE: it’s a strong team, but you cannot beat everything with just one team, no matter how good the team is. So be prepared to diversify and build a new team when you hit a roadblock. You can also check Mercenaries Bounty guide for some teams proven to work. Finally, in before the “you cannot expect people to drop thousands of dollars to buy every merc in game to build all those teams”… I have every merc, they’re all at max skills & gear, and I’ve spent zero dimes on the game. Of course it takes time to get them, but it’s not impossible at all.

Hmm it works for me. Without seeing an image (or even better a video) it’s hard to make a reasonable guess.

The only reasons it should do the animation and not heal is either the character has the block heal effect on them or they are at full health already.