Last few days multiple connection errors

Hello, in a last few days multiple connnection errors occurs for me. I belive in some way, single case might be caused by my Wi-Fi, but for the all others I cant belive that it is my side fault. It would be not a problem if reconnecting was working smothly, but it dont. Even if i switch my internet to the mobile, i can not reconnect, in two following cases i stuck in a loading screen. I can go trough after a couple of minutes, then unfortunetly I am not able to rejoin my prevoius game. I am using only mobile hearthstone version, and so far such problems do not occured for me, HS used to switch between wi fi and mobile internet smothly, now it dont. I found this topic on the top of the forum, IMO somwthing is wrong with game, and action like switching internet/reconnecting/loading should work better.
I will have a break until next game patch, at the moment i am feeling like i can lost my progress anytime, its not nice, i do not enjoy such gaming.

Glad its not just me, since this latest patch I’ve been constantly getting disconnected when playing BG. Sometimes it’ll reconnect and sometimes it won’t meaning a nice tasty 8th place. My internet is fine, everything else is working fine and since the patch HS is a mess. Obviously its not us.

These posts were split from an very old necro’d thread to create a thread of their own.

Hi folks!

We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with your connectivity. Please follow these steps to attempt to resolve the issue:

Omg, this issue is killing me now. Thanks Blizzard for closing the old thread without providing a fix. Thanks for posting the same troubleshooting guide while the reporter of the old thread already said it is useless. Stop posting the same response without checking customers’ feedback, this is a terrible bug and very poor customer service!!!

It is even better to find out the link in the support guide is dead.

While you gotta fix this constant disconnection issue, Please also fix the link if Blizzard really cares about the customer feedback.

Having the same issue here!
Seems like is a bug in the account itself.
Had a friend log into my account using his device and he had they same issue on my account when he had zero issues with his account.

DO SOMETHING GUYS!