Lost 700 dust "upgrading" a golden card

So, curiosity got the better of me. I was looking through my collection, and noticed a golden Whispers of the Deep. Wanting to disenchant it (as I usually do with golden cards), I opened the disenchant overlay. There I see a new shiny button: “Upgrade: 0 dust”. Curious to know what it did, I pressed it. The game then proceeds to upgrade a normal, non golden version to golden, costing me 700 dust, even though it said 0 dust (on the golden version). 0/10 can recommend upgrading cards…

I don’t think it will have actually stated “0-dust”. The area with the cost is blank because you already have a golden copy. From there you are shown a further option: “You have X normal copies. Do you want to Create a new golden or Upgrade a normal”. Then the costs are listed:

• Create -800
  • Upgrade -700

Even after making the mistake you could have still clicked the Undo button on the left-hand side to get back your 700 dust.

Source: I’ve been hooked on crafting golden cards for years before the upgrade feature was even a twinkle in Team 5’s eye.

He’s posting about a bug that happened to him. Clearly, that’s not something you’d be expected to see on a daily basis.

Source: Read OPs post.