Mage is too OP Blizzard fix it

I was winning teh game as a paladin, i have the mage down to 5 hp and board full.

The mage puts out one giant and uses the conjuring spells 2 times and gets 3 taunt minion with 7/8

How is this competetive gameplay? How are u suppose to counter that? seriously u suppose to fill your deck to counter just one deck? What about all the other decks?

Seriously blizzard fix this. this is first time i complain about anything about any blizzard game

5 Likes

well if you dont like it stop playing the game. whining about a gameā€¦ not smart

1 Like

Conjurers is a problem that will most likely solve itself when the card pool grows again after the next expansion.

I play paladin as well and currently have 100% loss rate vs. mage since expansion (and vs. hunter as well for some reason, mostly because of scavanging hyena). I have 100% loss rate vs. mage even when they donā€™t use conjurers summoning. I play on ladder between ranks 20 and 18.

Wonderful solution :slight_smile:
Stop playing the game :slight_smile:
Then no one will criticize, no criticism = Super democracy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Its just a game. If you canā€™t understand the concept of a game then there is something wrong with you. The game canā€™t be on your list of important things in life. There are things that are worth fighting for, but not a game. Only if something is wrong with you. The games are meant to be fun and if you canā€™t have fun with it, donā€™t play it. The moment when iā€™ll stop enjoying the game, will be the moment when iā€™ll stop playing it.

I played PoE for a while, spend money on it, but i stopped playing it when i saw that i donā€™t like the way they are taking with it. And i didnā€™t go to forum and whine what i donā€™t like. Its a game, its clearly not worth fighting for.

1 Like

Is there room for a discussion on existentialism on these forums? Iā€™m dying to let toma talk himself into a corner here, but it means a massive derailment.

1 Like

Yes there seems a need to get back on track somehow.

First of all, this is a game but nice game ( previously beautiful )
We understand the concept of this game.
People criticize. because they loved HS + because they want it to be better.
Itā€™s that simple,
After criticism in this forum, nerf comes ( usually )
I Agree ā€˜ā€™ if you donā€™t really like it, wonā€™t play ā€˜ā€™
My opinion i donā€™t see it as a fight, only criticism :wink:
PS: People can be nervous sometimes. this applies to every game.
Take care dear Toma.

3 Likes

Just made rank 17 with my paladin after beating 2 rogues in a row

Well, there is a difference between whining and constructive criticism. When you lose and go to the forum to yell, then youā€™re just whining. Before you open a discussion about something in HS, at least check some facts about a deck. If deck has counters that have upper hand against it then you canā€™t just yell that it is OP.

2nd thing, when you open a discussion and are trying to make some point, with suggesting some correction in cards stats, again, check the whole picture. Aka, check how this will affect other decks (in your opinion), classes. At least try to see bigger picture, not just how this will affect your deck. You know that there are a lot of sites with heavy statistical date that can give you some picture about a deck/card, but for most people its just boring to read that, and its easier to whine

3rd, most people just come and write: this deck OP. i lost. NERF

HS is heavy RNG dependent game. You have to take that in consideration. Sometimes it will just blow your mind how lucky your opponent was, but thats RNG. If this luck happened to often, and deck has no real counter, then we can yell that its OP, and bla bla bla. Everything can happened in RNG based game. Every card game is RNG dependent, some are more some are less, but every is.

PS: yeah, for me games are just to have fun and i donā€™t give them any priority in life. There are so many games out there that you can enjoy, why bother yourself with one that can give you frustration. And believe it or not, i donā€™t get upset because of any game. But guess this is just meā€¦

Nice comment Tomaā€¦Fair enough RNG based HS.
Chance factor can sometimes annoy peopleā€¦A little leniency or tolerance :wink:
Ty :slight_smile:

The same way you counter any of the current paladin decks: you dont

What happened? You couldnt generate a 13-15 mech on turn 4?

2 Likes

Iā€™ll give you an advice.

Play the deck you are struggling with. In this case Conjurerā€™s Mage. You will find out that the deck has numerous weaknesses that you can benefit from.
Sometimes (most of the time actually), a deck is considered OP because you get frustrated from his strong spots. The truth is that there is no deck in game that doesnt have a soft spot. You only have to find it. And playing that deck, will give you that info in the first 5 games.

5 Likes

Can understand those defending OP mage are ones who may have already invested heavily into this set up though since nearly every other post on here now is saying much the same thing sooner or later someone is going to sit up and take notice.

Currently rank 16 with my paladin - another 2 wins in a row against a rogue and warlock. Iā€™m on a roll!

well Mage isnt op imo and i dont play that kind of mage at all because everyone plays it ā€¦

also i think the deck is rather cheap isnt it? is there a new version (because you said invested heavily into it) or do you mean like invested time?

also which paladin deck are you plaiyng? i like the class now that odd pala is gone and not everyone is playing it :slight_smile: I played a little different version of Bazookadin (you could say older version without the prismatic lense) some time ago and it was quite fun

so good luck and keep on ranking :slight_smile:

Dear Arfus,

First, I would like to apologise for your experience in Hearthstone. I am writing this because I want to clarify with some things regarding this beautiful game.
You see, Hearthstone is not meant to be a complicated game. Oh no. Itā€™s meant to be a casual game where anyone can win, including your pet gold fish. And in order to achieve that, the best strategies Blizzard can implement are the ones where you take your opponent out of the equation.

There were many mechanics in the past which sealed the deal once they were played and there was nothing you could do about it, but thatā€™s ok, because like I said, Hearthstone is not meant to be a complex game.

Now youā€™re probably going to ask ā€œThen why is Hearthstone a competitive game? Why do we have tournaments if Hearthstone is meant to be casual?ā€. The answer is simple: because there are people willing to play it competitively, because there are people willing to watch a competitive Hearthstone and because Blizzard gains something in return from marketing it as competitive.

Like Toma said, if you donā€™t like Hearthstone, then donā€™t play it. Itā€™s really really that simple. Your complain is almost the same as complaining you went to the swimming pool and got wet. Donā€™t worry, there are other games out there just for you and once you discovered them, youā€™ll be so happy you will forget every bad experience you had with Hearthstone. So instead of complaining in the forums, focus your energy on discovering those games. And if you didnā€™t find them, thatā€™s ok, the fact that you looked for them is something you should be more than proud of.

Thatā€™s all I had to say to you Arfus dear, I hope you learned something from this discussion. I wish you the best life can offer and I hope youā€™ll succeed in it more than in Hearthstone. Cheers!

1 Like

I like to play taunt heavy paladin but also find it necessary to improvise some board clearance cards as well (as combos). Currently have just 4 mechs in the deck (all taunts, no magnetics). Prefer to include debuffs over buffs (donā€™t have any of those). No secrets (donā€™t really have room in deck for those). Have included those 2 dragon cards that when removed give a further 2 x 4/4 dragons, though sometimes run with just 1 of those. Bit of lifestealing/healing, not much though.

4 cards I use for projecting damage against a single target (2 x weapons, 2 x holy wrath)

2 slots I use for experimenting with different cards.

Quite a cheap deck, no cards costing more than 100.

I see how far I get with it anyway. Wasnā€™t really expecting to get much further than 20 to be honest. I lose games against mage, dr. boom warrior, hunter sometimes/often (depends) and priest (often). Druid is a struggle against but havenā€™t seen one of those for a while.

yeah i think druid fell heavily out of favor for a class everyone called broken a day after rotationā€¦

so what are your good matchups? is it Rogue and Zoo? It seems like your deck is heavily against aggro is it?

Iā€™m guessing it is just a flat out control deck I suppose. Seem to do quite well vs. rogue, warlock, murloc shaman about 50/50, other paladins, warriors without dr. boom, hunter if they arenā€™t too good.

1 Like