Mercenaries pvp rewards bugged

Hi

I’ve played like 10-15 pvp matches this morning and won most of them.
However the wins doesn’t seem to count. I got the first reward chest of the day eventually but the second one is stuck on 1/2 even though I’ve won 10+ games today.

Even worse is I reached 6000 rating and was supposed to get a nice chest full of coins and a pack but I didn’t get anything. It says I’ve gotten it but I got no rewards.

Since there is very few way to earn packs and you ruined the only way to consistently get coins and level mercs with the stranger nerf you really need to fix this quick.

I was a big fan of this mode but now with pvp beeing bugged the the progression of the mercenaries is slow to the extent of insanity I don’t see myself playing anymore if things doesn’t change.

The mystery coin should just be a stranger each time if you are on the right level for you party. Those bounties takes such a long time and it feels sooo bad wasting 10-15 minutes doing a run only to get tasks and you most of the time end up with nothing. The coin rewards for the end is never worth it and most of the time it gives you coins for mercs you never use and don’t want. Considering how many mercs there is to level equipment for and how slow progression is… Just fix this

Edit:
Ok so I now saw the hotfix for 3 mercs down to get a win. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve read all year.

You design a game mode and meta around combos. Whoever wins the 50/50 combo on turn on and kill on of their opponents is 99% winning the game. Everyone concedes when they lose that. And if they stick around the concede as soon as they lose their second merc.

Not even 10% of games last to 3 mercs down. Pvp rewards are useless now.

1 merc down for a win would have been more than enough to fix the issue.

And this still isn’t addressing why I don’t get rating rewards. Still waiting on my 6000 reward chest…

Hello Ray,

Glad to hear you were able to find the explanation already. For anyone else wondering about this, you can read more in the latest updates to the Known Issues thread here:

10/26 Update 3: We’ve rolled out a server-side hotfix that addresses exploits in the Fighting Pit rewards system that players were abusing through wintrading. Going forward, wins will only count towards Fighting Pit daily rewards if you defeat three or more enemy Mercenaries. This change will not affect how MMR is calculated after a win, regardless of how many enemies were defeated.

Hello there,
I just had the same issue, my 5000 rating reward chest was just skipped because I won a match where my opponent conceded after I removed two of his Mercs. This is really disappointing.
I’m still waiting my chest too…

Same here, I just reach 5K playing in mobile and i don’t get the reward… Any solution for this issue?

I do understand that wintrading is a problem… but by having it mandatory to kill at least 3 mercs from the opposing team they can literally grief everyone’s daily pvp chests…

1 Like

The same just happened after I won and got over 6000 rating. My opponent conceded instantly (don’t ask me why) and I didn’t get my chest reward. It is now marked as if I got it, very frustrating, because I’ve played so much to get to this rating.

oke well that just means I wont play the game anymore. thx for wasting my time. The way the game played I will not play out a game when I lose 2 mercs and they have not lost anything yet and other players are the same no one plays it out the last 3 to 5 min if you know you lost anyway. the rewards were simple to farm and make upgrading the mercs easier. now its useless to play cause its almost impossible to get rewards.

Hello again,

Regarding missing seasonal rewards, you’ll find another update in the known issues thread as well:

10/27 Update: We are in the process of deploying a server-side hotfix that:

• Fixes a bug that prevented players from claiming Mercenaries seasonal rewards if you passed the ranking threshold for that reward from a game where your opponent conceded too quickly. Note: this fix will not retroactively grant the seasonal awards to people who were affected by this bug. The team will manually grant those awards to the affected people at a later time.
  • Fixes the bug that caused some Toki Battlegrounds skins to have an Attack value. Once the hotfix has been deployed, Toki will be added back into the Battlegrounds Hero Pool.

“At a later time”?

Where do I sign up for this manually granted fix?

Also, is there any word on if the # of mercs killed for rewards is getting changed? If it stays on 3 Mercs to get a win counted PVP will be utterly pointless other than some pride leaderboard for those with already maxed out mercenaries.
1 merc kill for it to count would have been enough. It removes instant win-trading and keeps the rewards correct. I agree wins that are just insta-concedes shouldnt count but 80%+ of games are decided on the first board and the losing player concedes after that every time.

This NEEDS a fix if people are gonna play it

1 Like

Any news on the “At a later time” ?
How do people get contacted about what the manual, delayed earnings are?

Havin a lot of fun in Mercs, hope these bugs get fixed soon!
Thanks for your response :+1:

P.s I just won my 5/5 chest. I killed 3 of their mercs on the last game, where they then conceded. The pvp chest reset to 0/5 and I did not receive the coin reward.

agreed. I’m sure you’ve had debates on whether to implement this change and how many mercs have to die before a win is granted 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 :grinning:

3 is too much, because if people see that they can’t win the game they will concede in order for the opponent not to have a win. I suggest to make it 2 (TWO). Win is granted if 2 mercs died. Sounds fair?