Mobile connection issues when not on Wifi

Hi,

This has been going on for so long now it makes me sad. The only reason I play Hearthstone vs. MTG Arena is because there’s a mobile client. This has to be one of the worst mobile games I’ve ever played in terms of connection problems.

I live in the UK and play on the commute to work. I don’t have access to a Wifi connection, like many commuters in London. Out of every single mobile game I have ever played, the stability in Hearthstone is dreadful. You cannot expect to build a mobile client and tell people to try on Wifi, which seems to be the general response to these issues and I have never seen any proper discussion on fixing it.

I play on an Android Galaxy and S7 and have the following issues:

1. NEW: Latest update, logged in, tried to play against humans, deck selector told me I had 27/30 cards and wouldn’t let me use the deck. Went to collection and saw that the same error was occurring. Hard closed game, went back in, low and behond my deck was valid again.
  2. The mobile client disconnects if you so much as sneeze on it. I have reinstalled and cleared the cache and all the things that basically amount to “have you tried turning it on and off again” and the conclusion I have come to is that you guys can’t design an app that can work with a normal mobile data connection. I don’t think that’s excusable in this day and age. This causes problems ranging from:
    a) Game doesn’t even get past the connection screen
    b) Game tries to connect to a human and the opponent selector spinner just revolves forever and then eventually gives up
    c) Game disconnects me in the middle of a match and reconnects lots
    d) Game disconnects me in the middle of a match and fails to reconnect, losing me the match
    e) Game refuses to even connect to AI or Solo campaigns. It does the funny loading bar infinitely and then eventually gives up minutes later. You can tell it’s about to work because the bar judders slightly. If it doesn’t do that, it will go on for minutes and then give up

I have no idea what your retry strategy is, be it exponential fallback or whatever, but it’s not working.

I have played other games that play against humans, including card games like this. I have never / rarely had these issues with those games. As it stands, in London, Hearthstone is virtually unplayable on mobile data. I always hope that in the next update you’ll fix it, but you never do, so you guys either must be ignoring it or aren’t aware of it because you have access to Wifi connections more readily in the US.

Please can you do something about it, or I’m just going to find another game to play. I would strongly suggest the developers try and play on their commute to work on a mobile connection and you’ll see exactly what I mean. Given most of you probably drive, I suspect you don’t really see this issue as much as us.