New Ranking System Already Terrible

So having played 10+ games under the new system, my games are exponentially harder thanks to this new ranking system. I’m getting legend players with all golden decks and incredibly high dust costs just trounce me despite having half decent decks.

Blizz explicitly said that this wouldnt happen and that those players will just naturally go up faster so you wont see them, it seems that is complete BS when you consider that not every high rank player is going to play right at the start. They will naturally be spread out thus you will continuously get these players at low ranks.

High tier players should go down to a capped point, just as they did in the previous system. There is no point in resetting 400 IQ players to the bottom when they’re just going to end up in legend anyway, all yo uare doing is making the game measurably less enjoyable for those who play casually.

Yet another fantastic idea from everyone’s favourite Chinese shills.

Edit: Oh and great job creating yet another hecking boring mage archetype to play against, 50%+ of games against highlander mage certainly doesnt get boring!

2 Likes

Well its a new system it was kinda obvious that in the start of the first month it will be quite harder

Lets see how it runs in a couple of days

2 Likes

The new system uses MMR rather than just placing you against same ranked players. This way the first few days are always filled with very disproportionate skill levels but as the good players win, they get placed against others of their skill level more and more.

So basically you just gotta wait for the big bois to climb the ladder or keep playing until you get matched against people of your caliber.

If there is a further internal MMR rating then it certainly is not being taken into account in creating games. I have never gone past about rank 14 out of choice, I would end each season at 16 as I’m a casual player and didnt care for the extra golden rare & of late have spent the majority of my time in battlegrounds. I cant see how the game would assign me a high MMR ranking if i have never played against this level of player before. Even in play mode I would find players of a similar skill level, I have never had such a consistent string of noticeably better players than me to the point I’m losing games to decks that I would expect are countered by my own (e.g. their galakrond rogue vs my res priest).

I can see that after a few days things will of course even out to an extent, but if every reset everyone is returned to the base level this is just going to become a repeating problem, and likely get worse when there isnt a large launch getting people in on day 1 as there is soon.

I believe everyone started at a 0 MMR, it’s not reset every month and people who finished higher in the previous month get more bonus stars per win (for x amount of wins, then they stop). So this is by far the worse it’ll be, with the possible exception of next week when the new year brings some old players back. By the end of April you should be back to where you were and then facing similar opponents forever until you climb or they change it.

2 Likes

The star bonus is already in effect, some people who beat me went straight from bronze 10 to silver 5 upwards whereas for one win I went up to bronze 9*. If they also reset internal MMR that would explain why its so volatile to be fair but they certainly need some tweaking for next months reset.

Edit: *based on the assumption that they were also at bronze 10 that is

everyone gets a star multiplicator depending on their rank in the previous season. the highest you can get apparently is 11, so for every win, they get 11 stars. this decreases as you go up in ranks.

Do what I do, wait for half a month until all the good players are gone and then win a lot and flex on all your friends

1 Like

I dont get it entirely as well

First game against a legend back pirate warrior with hod hand. Nothing to cry about here.

Second game whiped the floor with warlock

Third gamehad the absolut nuts opening hand against res priest and he still nearly fatigued me out… but oh well. I won and now im rank 5 (i think silver)

Well that escalated quickly…

1 Like

Please, use some common sense. It is quite clear I am aware of how the system works I am merely pointing out a poor experience with it so far.

If you have a comment that has some weight to it please do join in, if you’re just looking to felate your own ego please move on.

dude, I was just trying to help you.

2 Likes

You think its possible to go from bronze 10 to silver 5 upwards with one win lol? I thought you knew how the system works.

3 Likes

If your giga-brain went slightly further you would then see the obvious that a bronze 10 with 0 stars is being put against people multiple tiers higher. This in itself defeats the point of having star bonuses if those who are measurably better are still matched up with low tier players despite their star bonus taking them allegedly to a rank where the casual players do not see them. I thought you knew how the system works?

Hmm I didnt say I knew how the system works though, was just pointing out that you didnt seem to even though you claimed you did. I understand it enough to know you cant go from bronze 10 to silver 5 which is what you said. As for matchmaking bronze 10 against people much higher that’s not really anything I would know about because I’m long gone from bronze 10 lol.

well the first game i had was against a legend card back pirate warrior player when i was back at bronze 10

so yes it was a thing.

But now im allready gone as well … probably we all startet quite low

The solution is just wait will the high rank players get their wins and go away from the low ranks, but I do agree that the star system pretty much sucks at achieving its goal of reducing the high vs low skill level players since they all start at the same place, all this has done is benefit people in the middle and higher of blazing through ranks, win streak doubles yours stars so get that going early and you easily get to ranks you shouldnt really be in.
Meanwhile low ranks stay low due to lack of bonus stars making ranked way more grindy until next month where hopefully people start increasing the amount of stars they receive

By the way just because I say it sucks at is goal doesnt mean i dont like it, i very much like it since pretty sure normally i wouldnt get to the rank i would be at currently if it wasnt for a lucky win streak before i began losing massive amounts of stars

Ill never get why people insist that Hs is pay to win…

How can you tell what rank your opponent is. The old system it always showed your opponents rank but I can’t see it this time.

the problem starts with everyone having their own definition of “pay to win” and thinking that their definition is the only one.

1 Like

In my chase i didnt see the rank but he had the legend cardback