OTK C' Thun hunter bug

Dear Blizzard and Hearthstone devs,

You’re probably already aware of a bug that after buffing C’thun at least once and play Maxima Blastenhemer, C’thun charges face with at least 126 atk. For the last few hours this deck has increased in play at high legend, already faced 4 in my recent 10 matches at 200-100 legend. No counterplay, if they get coin they win turn 5 unless they draw C’thun in mulligan. Let aside the already cancerous meta, at least questlines were intentionally designed and we are prepared for the questline decks (and ignite mages), adjust our decks and playstyle and hope to win the high-roll contest, yet, this is the epitome of disgustingness, as there is literally a 0% counterplay. At least DISABLE C’thun till you fix the bug, either way the aforementioned deck is the only deck that actually uses C’thun, it’s not like you’d upset the whole meta. We are already doing our best to tolerate the always-top-decking warlocks that for some reason their crystallizers has the same mechanic as quests - draw this at the start of the game-, so please DISABLE this stupid bugged-deck to ease our tilt for at least a bit.

Sincerely,
a random player

p.s. F*ck this meta.

3 Likes

i just laughed so loud when i faced one of those C’thun+maxima hunter deck.

my reaction was like:
fine at least we have now a technical bug insteat of the whole quest trash decks Bug by Design.

I’m facing just now one of them that has paired it with the questline xD

edit. turn 6 i died. I still wonder how difficult is for them to just disable C’thun till they fix it.

WTF, when are u going to fix this???
I request a refund of my stars and a penalty for the cheaters

2 Likes

I’ve just faced one of these hunter decks who was clearly exploiting this loop hole. Please fix ASAP. Not impressed.

The problem is really in high legend though. I was 79 in EU yesterday queue was almost 7 minutes and I happened to face him 5 times in a row and 3 more in general after that. Out of those there was only a time he happened to draw C’thun and failed his combo. In all other situations he had Maxima by turn 6.

This is completely ridiculous. Leave it to Blizz to fail to fix a simple bug for two days. I second the person who said we should be granted our stars back, and penalties for players who abused the bug. I swear, Blizz never fails to suck.

the bug already counts a week or so in play, let’s see how long it till take for a simple disable at least.

Second time I’ve been done by this and ended my streak. Come on blizzard the games frustrating enough without this…sort it out!!

Same… I just faced this deck and didn’t understand what happened. I guess it’s just bugged T_T

I come to understand that what’s really bugged is devs’ brains. Either disable C’thun like you did other times with bugs till it’s fixed either make an announcement that this thing is valid.

1 Like

Just seen another set of cheating hunters in Wild exploiting this bug. GG more terrible player experience

NOw they pair it with quest. Yesterday top 10 legend played this. Drew his cthun. Did his quest. Tried to rat his quest, i ratted Cthun instead so he still won. Disgusting.

Honestly, I can see them disabling Maxima rather than C’Thun until the bug is fixed. C’Thun at least sees some play apart from just bug abusers. Maxima’s not even used by meme decks all that much as far as I can determine.

I just faced 4 bug C’thun hunters in a row (I’m at Dia8 rank atm). Climbing to Dia 5 seems like hot garbage. Idk man

the bug still working,

faced 3 of them today

The real problem is at high legend. Magierljo got really unlucky, but at Diamond you face more opponents so there are chances to not face them. At high legend you tend to play against the 4-5 same opponents over and over again during the day ( which is weird because if you are rank 40 you can face anyone from approx. top 400 to rank 1, so there are approx. 400 opponents at least and it is weird to suppose that only 5 of them are active, but that’s another topic). During non active hours you can face the same opponent at least 4 consecutive times, as well as waiting up to 7 minutes queue time. Imagine face this hunter again and again, which top decks every single time but 1. You can’t even build something to counter it, They pair it with questline, sphere of sapience guarantees that you won’t draw C’ Thun, and even if you are lucky enough to rat their Maxima they have the already broken questline.

Yeah I can see that’s a much bigger problem. Still after of them 4 in a row I needed a break (having to queue up for 7 min+ only to face the same player abusing the bug over and over again is another level of bs tho^^).

damn guess i got to use this now. Otherwise its impossible to counter these obnoxiously OP questlines

IMO the bug will be fixed sooner or later (in this case alter i guess…) but the real important thing here is what Blizz will do with players who overuse this bug.
Will they be banned, if so for how long? Because if not, it will be sign for all other players that Blizz gives silent approval for such activities.