This Meta SUCKS

It is just impossibly boring queueing into the exact same decks every day.

1. Mech Mage
  2. Pirate Warrior
  3. Quest Hunter
  4. Naga DH

It’s just this. 90% of games are aggro. There is 0 variety.

Sometimes you queue into a control deck and can have a really enjoyable, interactive experience during the game, and then it is just back to facing the same nonsense aggro decks over and over.

Filling the board every turn. Perfectly curving out their hand.

In a given game, I’m lucky to get to use even half the cards in my deck before the game is over. This low skill ‘play every minion from hand each round’ meta is just garbage.

Fix this sh*t please it’s so unpalatable.

11 Likes

I play pirate warrior and it takes srs skill to pilot swer down.

ok dude.

In other news, I just switched my main deck rotation from Control Warrior / Pala / Ramp Druid to Face Naga DH and am instantly at 75% winrate.

And no, it isn’t enjoyable.

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate, I enjoy control decks most of the time, Warrior especially. Paladin I could see myself enjoying, while Ramp Druid might be nice if I get the Guff Hero card.

Yeah I love playing control decks. Sadly it feels that (at least where I am in the ranked system), I don’t get a chance to play that many games past turn 5/6.

Mech mage is a massive improvement over the 9 months since united in stormwind

modern medicine has eradicated a number of diseases that plagued our civilisation in the past. Smallpox, polio and rinderpest have all been eradicated.

It is a huge improvement on the past… however diseases like Cancer, diabetes and multiple sclerosis rage on…

1 Like

You are lucky to get so much variety. I only play quest hunters and naga DHs.

2 Likes

SUCKS ? to small word for it. I faced quest hunter 6 times in a row and later faced 4 DH that were spamming randomly cards asap.

“Tactical card game” = Spam randomly low mana cards to fast face asap. Half brained guy after operation can win with deck like Naga aggro DH with just throwing randomly low mana cards, thats really pathetic. “Tactical game”

4 Likes

Until Legend , there should be an option to individually choose to exclude one class from the queueing, preventing an alternative to blocked and boring metas.

1 Like

Thatd be great except everyone would block control decks and people actually enjoy slower games would be screwed

Quite on the contrary… control players would get to play other control players

Absolutely agree. This meta is absolutely unenjoyable. Hunter dh dh hunter dh hunter hunter dh dh dh mech mage. Dying on turn 6 as a control deck just because you didn’t draw the board 2-3 board removals in the first 4 rounds is super interactive…

3 Likes

Dear developers, you should have some respect to players who are playing your game for years. Don’t you see that people desire to play longer then 5-6 turns? Expansion after expansion you make the game faster and faster, why should we have 30 cards then? Miserable expansions you made. Didn’t you notice that lot of famous streamers left the game? Do you know why? Make a small survey! Want to keep the game live? Listen to your players!

1 Like

The problem is with cards that you can’t counter, like dragonbane shot, of course for the smart ones, you put down odd numbers.
Or the demonhunter who knocked you down on turn 5. and not everyone wants to play with a warrior to build up 30 armor. I prefer to play against these wariors, more fun.
I don’t have a problem with the cards in the deck, every deck has annoying cards, but I do have a problem with watching you get a beating in turn 5. If the designers had done a good job, there would be no such mistakes. I doubt they realized how powerful some cards are. now they can adjust the demonhunter and hunter (nerf) but prefer a card spell or minion that stops double damage or something.
What I do think should be adjusted is multie strike, it should not be activated, if you have already attacked with your hero. if you get or use it after you attack with your hero, you can’t. Now dreadprison glaive does too much damage and will knock you down on turn 5.

cant even go through diamond 9 since few days because re,ta,rded decks are everywhere, spamming randomly and winning without thinking dafuq “tactical card game” pathetic, people with bird brain winning just throwing one by one random LOW mana card asap, there is no strategy anymore, u dont need to think like long time ago “what he gonna do” just letting someone spam face without tactics, 1 mana card fast throw, 2 mana card fast throw, and doing this turn after turn asap dafuq :DDD this game is not fun anymore

2 Likes

Legend Player Here, and this meta does indeed suck. Hearthstone has had a problem recently with adding “1 or 2 card decks”. These decks at high Elo/high level of competitive play, simply mean that the deck wins if it draws 1 or 2 cards, kind of like drawing 1 card guarantees the win. It undermines the point of the game which is to learn other decks cards through various wins and losses, which will allow you to win more games and become a better player. However the devs recently have added various cards, that when played simply win you the game. There needs to be a return to minion math and trading, instead of who draws the one shot and ends the game turn 5. Fix your game blizzard or you will lose a hearthstone day 1 and Legend player.

Can you list a few? The only one that comes to mind is the Priest Questline reward, which takes a fair bit to get and you have to actually play it too, which is 10 mana, a big commitment in case it fails.

If you’re not legend right now playing control, assuming you have all the cards needed to craft control warrior or control paladin you’re literally low IQ.

I agree this meta feels really stale. As stale as a week old loaf. The problem is more over the power of many cards. When a balance patch happens to target these specific cards the balance only targets these cards without realizing how much impact another card has on the game which may cause BIGGER problems. That’s the one problem with balance changes (ie nerfs or buffs) it’s very tunnel visioned and the power vacuum left behind is easily filled creating more issues.