TOP20 BATTLEGROUNDS FEATURES part 2!

Hi Blizzard, iam really like new balance in Dragons patch - it is the best balance ever before. Maybe some of this ideas is bad, but you may think in this direction and found the best way.

1. BG is too much depend of numbers, but not of FUN gameplay! For casual players is really hard to play, becouse you expectation does not match. I want to count only on picture - this is only mater. If Art is powerful, so choise is right. Thos minion set i need for synergy. Synergy - it is easy plan to win without thinking - thats what i want! You are very confusing player with buffs card and deck place, but offer nothing to casual players. Casual like to play easy, like faceroll = win. Casual players need win by easy tactics, like Tirion. Yes, i like sometimes to count and play mixed minions with bigger stats, but what is fun here? I can play one game to mathematic logic, but next i want to play easy game! Dont push me to brain overwork! You must change this situation and take some measures! You must reach “Perfect balance” in sense of FUN and Numbers, like 50-50%. I mean not random and not hard calculations, but true, honest, right way of chosing similar cartoons with synergies - this is main Definition of Hearthstone or BG. Please stop this horrible mathematics, peopole dont want to count, dont want to start thinking! Everyonve want just throw cartoons - and that is all. You cannot make FUN game only in 1 of 10 or 1 of 5 games! It must be like 5 of 10 or 2,5 of 5 games! My logic is absolutley clear and correct: make fan equivalent to numbers count, like 50-50% or 1 to 1. You make this whole big core gameplay, but not make any step forward to Casual players. Magic is in breacking the rules, when you get sucsess by wrong unknow way - this what everybody wants!
  2. I want to play ONLY by my pre-prepared plan, that I prepared before game.
    I want to rush 3 or even 6 rank, but game punish me for this. I want to play “Deathwing” not same careful plan, but use crazy Murloc’s rush and reach Dinosaur first, and only fter thet i will buy all rest murlocks - do this! This is fun logic how to reach 1st place - do this! In game now is HUGE disbalance: count of stats is allways better that rolling, but Why? I want to reach 3 rank first and found key cards first, at least some heroes shold make it possible! Other probles is iseless of 1-3 rank minions. I cant win by collecting Murlocks set, but iam really want to play easy minios type strategy. You must make playable strategy with 1-3 rank minions, so they synergy can beat a 3-5 rank mixed minions. This is huge mistakes and divergences in strategies, where must be easy logic: just pick same picture minion. You must add somekind of system for tavern rush, or “Items” or “spells”, erc…
  3. I want to 100% sure found a Dinosaur, Knight, Rivender, Brann to play unique strategy. Now there is a too big excellence of better stats minions without strategyc. I want to sollect whole set ONLY! Whithout of compare or mix! Only right way - thats what i want to feel by gameplay! Now it is too long to get the unique strategic minions. You must make lower their rank, or add some items, that will 100% discover one of them. All other numbers and calculations do not play any role - ONLY fan does! For FUN need different strategyes and synergyes, but not mathematics.
  4. Iam allways got feeling, that if i get unique and original deck strategy, then i always losewithout a reason, even with bigger stats! Example: Iam collected 6 rank Kalesgos and got a whole deck of dragon, but iam lost somehow against 4th rank minions! What is this, rly, why? Iam got this negative felling, that I’m inlucky for “L” letter. It’s looks like algorithms are helping me to lose, becouse of not best choises, but i whant to win by second, alternative choises as “The best of the best”! I mnean, that unpredictable coises must be much stronger than boring numbers.
  5. I want to spend coins on the rotation of tavern and rather find key minions first, but not collect some trash. If minion got no easy clear synergyes - it feels like trash. What the logic, that one player will found Soul Jugglerm but other cant found Cobalt guardian, Pack leader, Hangry Dragon. Seems like eveyone must have a chance!
  6. Pro players is exploition of too quick boost from the start by tripplets or buff minions. This is really spoit game to casual players, who pick cartoons with beautiful art and synergyes. Then casual playes can fount even one key minon, when pro playe collect golden triples for 4-5 ranks. This boost is end of game. Then i playing like useless noob, who spend all coins to rotation, without any profit. This profit must have equal sens for buying a triplet - in this formula. Other problem, that you get any key cards at all! Whole game is wasted.
  7. Pro players get too much margin in many situations - its like gandicap! They exploiting some super sly choices, that game balance did not foresee. Pro get win by casual player in not fair conditions, becouse they calculating the chances of rare minions at next ranks. Here is msut be some limits, like overload, that will stop leaders in lobby. Look at the game from the side of casual player: you have lucky choice and you did not guess with minion suitability, and did not understand the brainstorm combination, then you will be hit by 20+ hp. Wasted! BG shoud make a bonuses or save sysyemm becouse of this unfair play!
  8. It is too much depends on rare key minions at rank 3 and 6. You got them - you won. Other player get them - you have no chances. So that is logic - this is dead end situation without right way. In place of this here should been path crossing of strategy! Perhaps this problem can be solved by the release of additional key minions, but now here is a BIG difficulties. If I get these creatures, I can beat even much stronger opponents. Iam braking a fair rules in this case, becous his choises was best. He was lucky and he must be winner, but 100% not iam! I think this connected somehow to Hiden pool and algoriths - fix it! Similar problem, when I got much better deck, I lose to some wack and completely unrealistic combinations. Often i got situation in match up for 1st play by only 2-3 couple cards. I waste a lot becouse i have not foun this nessesary card.
  9. There is a HUGE problem to change strategyes, but this must happend 2-3 time in evey match, i think. It is too expensive to change minon set and strategy because of expencive cost. You count wrong! Buying of minions is not same way as replacing and changing of minions. There is should me the way to solve that problem by new feature, that will help to playes chance strategy and whold decl. Add “extra gold” for sellin tropler, some “token”, or increase the “coin limit” from 10 to 15. Any possibilityes is better, than nothing! Game should encourage and reward variability in all ways, but limit leader, so hi could not separate from the rest lobby. Only fair play!
  10. There a fatal problem with choice of minions in 1 rank at the beginning of match. This has a very negative effect on whole match due to poor choices of minionst on 1-2 turn. Ususal taver offer only minions with 1-1 stats. As a result, you will lose a series of matches and when you become a leader with 10 HP, you gona lose match - this should not be so. Maybe worth to increasing the number of creatures at rank 1. Another problem comes from this situation: minions of an opponent at rank 1 during the first moves incredibly successfully make teir hits into vulnerable places - remove this. Maybe this is somekind of algorithm problems.
  11. There is something wrong with “Rating system”. Pro players allways get more than 100 points, but casual players lose 100 points - this is too much! How it works: one player get everything, but player with same sucsess get 0 point! Increase ranking points for 4-5 places, becouse it is most important places in BG. Decrease points from 1-2 place - it is ablosutley does not matter. The only matter is to significantly improve the rating on 4th place - I suppose that I deserve +50 or +25 in 4th place. I think there must be little easyer to increase rating.
  12. Improve “meta system”, what make game fun, but not mathematic. BG must stay fun and unpredictable, so casual player will get a chance to win versus pro player! This system must changes specific conditions in balance over 30-60 days time period, what will make game easyer and increase statistic of casual players.
  13. Add somekind of “chameleon minions” with floationg stats, that can
    adapt to your bad minions. I mean not like Imba OP Amolgama 3-4, but neural minons with specific bonuses, that will help to bad hand only. This minions must be super usefull if you not yet understand decided a strategy type and get only trash minions. Pro players is too effective use +2-2 descriprion minions - this is bad for casual palyers. Add minions who can Swap 2 more minions and reroll it in one, with +1 rank. Here is a lot of variations…
  14. Add more minions with floating stats, that will gain +1-1 or +2-2 when hero lose Health points
  15. In future there will be a lot heros, so there must be “Season Hero Roration”. Add more heroes up to 100, that will create specific hero rotation. There must be unique PvP conditions, that will create super fun conditions between some special heroes. Also you can make season buffs for heroes in limit time period to refresh meta.
  16. Add more heroes and make a choice between 4. Some rare situation are offer same hero that you play last game or you did not like your choise. Some player may have all 3 hero in tier 1, but other is all 3 hero in tier 4 - this is not very good.
  17. I can’t pick rare hero and play by pre-plan to reach 1st place. Maybe some features will finally make it possible? I want play easy. I have the feeling that other opponents have better pool depending of hero choise. Make something better to casual players, but not for pro. There is no need to follow cybersports and introduce complex schemes into BG that casual players will perceive as cheating.
  18. BG should found new features that will chage heroes gameplay to absolutley different and rethink Hero abilities. For many heroes, there is only one profitable strategy - you can make it variable by add some “items” or “scrolls”, etc. If you don’t observe hero - you lose. Add somekind of specific minions, that will create new condition or other features.
  19. Make Replay of last turn, becouse often iam not sure of last game deck and this looks like epik. Also there can be Replay video of win, like epic shoots.
  20. Add in BG menu “twitch button”, where you can qucik watch some last prewiev from popular streamers. Something like battlenet, but with more different streamers and detait description. This what bringing people together. I think this is a very important to reach social popularity.
    P. S.:
    This is my previous article:
    TOP20 BATTLEGROUNDS features!

Hey KADR,

Thanks for taking the time to write up such detailed feedback and suggestions, we really do appreciate it!

1 Like

Only one thing to tell : fix the fcking matchmaking. It’s broken since 10 months and completely garbage.

Hi, I’m glad you saw me. BTW i also wrote many articles earlier. I would like to do something more useful in this way. I am really like to study games and would like to do any task. Iam can write feedback, use Photoshop, 3Ds Max, and i know a lot about graphics theory, game engines, level design and more. Please contact me if it pissible. Thanks in advance!