Unable to update Android app

For the past 2 or 3 patches, I’ve been unable to properly update the Android app and had to completely remove and download it each time.

On WiFi, it’s usually unable to check version information or unable to download the update. Switching between mobile data and wifi seems to trigger the download sometimes. This time, after downloading the update, the app again failed to download some version information and I had to juggle again to make it work somewhat.

It’s still not okay though. WIth the previous patch, I was able to update the app after trying long and hard, switching between mobile data and home wifi, killing/restarting the app several times. But then I kept getting push notifications that some Hearthstone download finished every time I connected to wifi even a day after I updated, and so I had to reinstall again to prevent this.

A clean install is always perfect though. Download nicely, no issues with the connection, downloads the assets without hickups, and I don’t get spam notifications afterwards.

Now with the current patch, the same seems to be happening. Sometimes it fails to connect when on wifi, and when I kill the app and restart it, I get a push notification with sound and everything that the download finished.

Updating Hearthstone is a frustrating experience on an Android phone. On my iPad, it’s perfectly fine however.

Hey there teatime,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having issues correctly applying Hearthstone updates. Unfortunately due to how many different handset models are available running the Android OS, we’re not able to directly provide support for installation and patching issues beyond quite basic suggestions to restart the app, restart the mobile device, or uninstalling/reinstalling Hearthstone.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience that this causes you, but if you continue to have troubles, please can you contact the Google Play Store support, and if that doesn’t help, then contact your device manufacturer for assistance.