Account resetting to default settings

Upon loading up the game i receive the cinematic every time which doesn’t start as a good sign, i then inspected my settings and it states everything is set to default so i just assumed a update reset it so i just turned it back to max.
However i then went to my hotkeys and i see nothing wrong there as well, all my hotkeys appear to be there and smart cast is still on.

I then enter a game but as soon as i get into it smart casting is turned off and all key binds are set back to default and i’m unable to change them or create a new profile entirely because when i confirm my changes none of it saves.

Please can you advise me on how i can fix this as i have tried running in administrator mode and reinstalling the game entirely and still have this issue.

Greetings Eshyo,

this is usually a permission related issue. If running the game in Administrator Mode does not solve the problem, can you please try deleting the variables.txt file? It can be found in the following directory:

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Heroes of the Storm

Pachimari
1 Like

Thank you so much, this has fixed the issue and now i can actually play again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to hear that! Have fun in Heroes. :cowboy_hat_face:

Pachimari

Hi Pach,
I’m having the same problem, done both of your suggestions, and these don’t seem to work for me.
Any other solutions?
-MM