Alt-tab crashes the game

Hello!

For the past few weeks I’ve ran into new problem with HotS. The usual problem of game starting to lag like crazy, reconnect is nothing new as I read on the forums, but a new one, game breaking arose. If you alt-tab during any point of the game, loading screen or just by being in a lobby, there is a very high chance the game will stop responding. The only way to fix it is to restart the computer as the game does not start responding (tried waiting), nor can you simply kill the task in the manager and reload the game. You’d say this isn’t a big deal, just stay in the game screen, but be honest, no-one really wants to watch the loading screen when you have the ability to tab out before game starts or watch your character in waiting queue.

3C1234A2-10F2-4274-A337-3F71BB40E684 is the error code, seems that I require to have DirectX11, for some reason DirectX12 is either not recognized, utilized or not compatible I guess.

Already tried updating drivers, reinstalling DirectX, reinstalled HotS.

For the sake of comparing, tried launching again, different error ID, 1C0A3B13-DC28-4373-8ECB-F36ECF1976A0

1 Like

Hello Osvis,

Could you please post a DXDiag and MSInfo here? If the data is too big to be posted on the forum directly, you can use a page like pastebin.com and post the link to it here then.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

First of all, sorry for taking forever, didn’t find an easy way to find this topic and forgot about it. How do I upload txt files here? Copying in seems a bit absurd, there is ludicrous amounts of information there. I don’t see any option to upload files here

Edit: Still can’t find a consistent way to find my post aside from searching browsing history. Pressing on blizzard, my tickets shows I have nothing

Hello again,

As i said in my above post, you could use a page like pastebin.com to put the info there and just copy the link in your reply.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Still crashing on alt-tab out of HoTS and none of the suggestions work. The pinned result seems to be out of date, as some of the buttons to click are no longer there. Can we have some proper suggestions on how to fix the crash/blue screen on alt-tab?

Hi TheBrad,

Could you please open your own thread and indicate what troubleshooting steps you already tried? Please add also a link to your DxDiag and MSInfo files - Kiemmaki already explained the procedure in his posts.

Please clarify also what happens exactly - from your message, it seems that your whole system crashes, as you mentioned a blue screen. What does that screen say?

What pinned result you are referring to? I checked the pinned threads but I couldn’t find one with outdated buttons - I probably misunderstood your feedback and I appreciate any further clarification you can provide us with.

Thank you!

Note: thread locked - necroposting.

Feedback? https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Vyraneer