Are you ever going to nerf Kael Thas?

He has been dominating and considered S-Tier for months or even longer, are you ever gonna nerf his dmg? How can he even considered to be a hard hero, when he can basically do everything, heal, get mana, Stun, massive hero and siege damage, Shield, no mana costs, barely cooldown costs.

No, can’t dodge an ability which can be directly casted on you without the chance of dodging. No his Firestrike alone isn’t the problem, the problem comes with his easy stun and combining that with Firestrike and Living Bomb, which takes about as much skill as healing with Lili, but has a massive impact.

How is that hero balanced?

KT is S-tier? Man you would make one hell of a comedian! :rofl:

4 Likes

Only in gold and below. He is not as bad as some make him to be, but he is clearly not s-tier. I prefer a Jaina with a good tank or a Li Ming player that is good on his own on any day and any draft. No need to nerf, although his lvl 1 shield is rather good i admit.

Its perpetual problem, godlike on lower mmr, easy to deal with on higher mmr.

I would compare that to Illidan, trash on lower mmr, imba on higher.

Just learn how to counter him.

The biggest issue with Kael in lower mmr is that even if you learn to dodge his abilities or minimize his dmg, a clingy teammate can still get u. But agreed that he’s
easily managable.
Probably shines the most in the brawl

1 Like

There is some truth to Op’s words. Kael can deal safer damage than most other heroes as flamestrike as a long range. Living Bomb also deals a lot of damage by itself.

The problem is the reduced cd on his gravity lapse(with talent) and Ignite(flamestrike also adds Living bomb to its damage). The moment they added Ignite Kael’thas damage increased considerably.
A non traited Flamestrike is easy to dodge, a traited one is very hard when centered on you. Ignite basically gives him single target damage in addition to his aoe one.

Bliz could make Living Bomb to deal less damage to the target it is upon while increasing his explosion damage(to give sth to kael fans) or to add a requirement for Ignite.

Same like KT, KTZ can blow up people even more efficiently, An AA build Valla with Rancor at lvl20 can drop down people in seconds,

But all these have something in common , Low Health Pool.
While KTZ has no escape,
Valla can vault away and KT can stun
Miss tht stun, n KT is dead.

Dont spread bomb, n Kt will not b much big a problem, when team fight starts, focus KT, once eliminated its not a big problem

Else, Jaina can do similar too, with blizzard casted from a range in team fight tht slows and damages

1 Like

Yet it is easier now with the 10% movement buff so I wont rush too much until people have a chance to adapt to it

2 Likes

So can Hammer, Chromie, Kel’Thuzad, Nova, Lunara, Guldan, Jaina, Junkrat, Mephisto, Fenix, Hanzo, Li Ming, Zagara… and more…
And they are not OP, but KT is?

The truth is that people DON’T THINK during game, and later they are crying about “OP” or “not fair”.
Lots of heroes have cleanse or antimagic shield, but people simply don’t pick those talents. That’s all.
For example, Lunara can survive pyro blast with 75-80% of her hit points left.
She has an antimagic shield as a skill on level 13.
But of course, to have that shield, you need to pick that skill instead of other “bonuses” to dmg or CC.
Most of the supports have clearance in their skill tree, but they don’t use it.

So this is not KT who is OP, but other players who play brainlessly.
And, by the way, there would be no sense at all in “making draft” if any hero would be counter on any other hero.

2 Likes

KT is S-tier? Man you would make one hell of a comedian! :rofl:

He is considered Top-Tier at heroescounters
He is considered High-Tier at icy-veins
He is considered A-Tier on tentonhammer

Yes, he is considered lower tiers in higher metas or for higher players.
But just because he isn’t a meta pick at the very high tiers, means that he is balanced the way he is?

Guaranteed damage with a non-missable skill, that has the potential to deal massive damage or even wipe some squishy heroes is fine? Just don’t stick together, because teamfights never happen, right. And he doesn’t have other abilities, like a free living Bomb cast again, or other an aoe flamestrike, that again, deals insane damage.

Make his Living Bomb an actual Skillshot ability, this point and click to win is not only broken but very frustrating to play against.

Just learn how to counter him

Yeah, just learn how to win. Easy Grandmasters, right?

So can Hammer, Chromie, Kel’Thuzad, Nova, Lunara, Guldan, Jaina, Junkrat, Mephisto, Fenix, Hanzo, Li Ming, Zagara… and more…

How delusional do you get to think that Zagara or Junkrat has the same potential damage output than Kael’Thas.

Lots of heroes have cleanse or antimagic shield, but people simply don’t pick those talents. That’s all.

Cleanse doesn’t work against firestrike or living bomb (or pyro blast for that matter) antimagic shield doesn’t even exist in this game, all you can have is magic armor, which only reduces spell damage. But of course, it’s never the games unbalanced at fault, always the players.

Yet when a new patch with balancing changes comes, you are all rejoicing and praising Blizzard for the changes.

I present to you a talent for Arthas at level twenty:

Anti-Magic Shell

Cooldown: 60 seconds

Active: Activate to make Arthas immune to Spell Damage for 3 seconds and heal Arthas for 25% of the damage prevented

There I proved one of your points wrong

The rest of your arguments are invalid just because of that

Do your homework

Study this game

Then come back

1 Like

Wow one hero has one talent at level 20 that can negate spell damage.

There I proved one of your points wrong

The rest of your arguments are invalid just because of that

Do your homework

Study this game

Then come back

My god are you a child? lol
With that logic, I can say that this isn’t an antimagic shield, it’s a anti-magic shell, so your point is invalid and all of your posts are invalid. What a braindead way of thinking.

I was once upon a time

And so were you

And you’re also forgetting heroes like Medivh who have the ability to grant the Protected status to other heroes right from the start

Anduin has it as well as part of one of his Heroic Abilities

Protected completely negates ability damage AS WELL as basic attack damage

I prefer to think of my way of thinking as brain-alive

Alive enough to respond to you anyway

2 Likes

KT punishes clustered people, but so does jaina, and jaina has much more value to add in team fights.

theres no need to nerf KT, the best reasonable nerf they can do is to make visible the blast radius of living bomb so that noobs can SEE and try to stay away.

As far as team fights are considered, u can blame genji too.
A genji at lvl20 with deflect can wipe the entire team in 2 seconds.
just by swipe in, n hit deflect while li ming shooting laser.

Kt is easily shut down by genji, illidan, nova, valeera, zeratul… U need to focus him, and giv him the due respect, u dont? he punishes you bad, simple

4 Likes

Ok lets see… how you can counter it:

1. Uther ultimate at 10 (exact name “divine shield”).
  2. Blaze’s bunker (working exactly like shield).
  3. Tyrael’s sanctification (again… shield).
  4. Zarya’s barier (almost like shield of energy and big reduction of magic dmg with talent).
  5. Tassadar’s bubble (again, magic armor + energy shield).
  6. Lucio’s barier (pure shield).
  7. Auriel’s Egida (again immortality).
  8. Anduin’s ultimate (not this time KT).
  9. Medivh’s “W”
  10. Morales’s medivac (like bunker, it will take blow on it).
  11. Chromie’s time trap.
  12. Kharazim’s “palm” (not shield, but bringing from death).

So already I said about 13 possibilities of counter Pyro - most of them works like shield - by the way I don’t know why exacly you have problem with calling something shield or armor (sense is this same, avoid big part of magic dmg).
Anyway…
Add any kind of shields, barriers, spell armors, or magic resistance - like Garosh’s level 4 talent, Muradin’s Avatar hp boost, Rexxar’s “sleeping”, “iceblocks” etc. You will understand how hard KT can be countered.
And ofc. he is “qwer” skilled hero. That means if the enemy team doesn’t enter all into his AoE dmg, he is useless for next 10 sec during TF.
Beside of that, you have some very “mobile” heroes, who almost for sure, can not only defend against KT’s magic, but they can easly kill him, after his "felomanashao… something - for example Thrall, Lucio, Tracer, Genji, A’Barak.
Deal with it, and stop arguing about something You dont have right.

3 Likes

Tips how to counter kt whatever draft you play:

• Avoid spreading bombs
  • Bomb dont have huge range so position is key to make that kill
  • Dodge flamestrike
  • Ganks
  • Interrupts, you dont have to think spell shields etc when you can just interrupt the cast
  • Isolate kt

There are so many ways to counter kt it is mindblowing how people fail to counter kt at low ranks

3 Likes

This is the 2nd time I see somebody in the forum complaining about Kael’Tas. He’s a mage, and he’s supposed to deal great damage on groups of people, that is why he has Living Bomb and Flamestrike; he has to stay near his team, and NEVER be alone, or else he’s fresh meat:

• Illidan --> YOU ARE NOT PREPARED! --> Kael is dead
  • Genji --> E on him when he’s low hp --> Kael is dead
  • Valeera --> 2.5 sec silence --> Kael is dead
  • Chromie --> more range, big damage --> Kael is dead
  • Zeratul --> burst damage, teleporting --> Kael is dead

The only thing that could save him is the Arcane Barrier, but with some of those heroes is not even enough, unless you get a good amount of regen globes, like 80, so you get a bigger mana shield. Also, why would Kael be OP and not Jaina? All of her abilities slow you, and if you are alone and you’re desperately searching for the fountian, you end up dead, because you’re constantly slowed; so, instead of asking for an unreasonable nerf for a hero that doesn’t need it, why don’t you try to improve yourself? That should work, right?
PS: Kael used to spread Living Bomb indefinitely without talents to minions too, and you could make explode his W immediately and out a 2nd W on an enemy hero, that made him the most OP burst hero during the beta.
“Oh, get up, I…oh my, are you dead already?” - cit. Kael’Tas

3 Likes

Someone is intentionally forgetting Gravity Lapse. That ability ensures both your peel and your damage in case you got dived. And can reach 5s as a cd when talented(which is always good and not on a tier with hard choices).

Oh yeah, I intentionally forgot about that, so let me rephrase what I said before:

• Illidan → YOU ARE NOT PREPARED! → Kel Thas throws Gravity Lapse → Illidan dives behind Kel → Kel Thas is dead
  • Valeera → 2.5 sec silence → Kel Thas throws Gravity Lapse → Valeera teleports behind him and she silences him → Kel Thas is dead
  • Chromie → before Kel Thas throws his E, he already lost half his HP → Kel Thas is dead
  • Hanzo → out range Kel Thas → Kel Thas is dead

Kel Thas E could stop some divers IF you hit them, but it’s not an escape like Valla Vault, Hanzo and Genji Jump etc etc.

1 Like

Illidan, Valeera, Zeratul can not just kill KT, but KTZ also, Ming also, Nova also and many other assassins.

They are the HARD counters of KT… and thats how it is, and every hero in the roster has counters. some have HARD counters that can easily 1v1 others. while others are countered in different way.

That does not mean you need to buff or nerf a hero.