Cannot add new friends in HOTS

I have been unable to add new friends in HOTS myself. People can still send me add requests. I have tried deleting the game and the battle.net launcher but the issue persists.

1 Like

Are you able to add these people through the Battle.net Launcher?

Do you get any errors when accepting the requests?

1 Like

Have not tried thru launcher cause when I finish a game and try to add someone that is my only chance. The two I have gotten I was able to accept without issue.

ERROR
Your friend invite request has failed, please try again later

1 Like

In this case it is possible they have placed you on Block, so you won’t be able to send a request to people who have you on Block and will receive this error.

The only other thing it could be is if you had 200 friends already, but this doesn’t seem right as you were able to accept previous requests.

Hi.
I have the same problem

1 Like

I have the same problem-- I have verified it is NEITHER of the issues you mentioned.

People can add me— And EVERY person gives an error.

Obviosuly since they can add me I am not at 200 friends.

2 Likes

Update: Found a fix! In the Battle.net program, click the “Friend Settings” button (next to the “Add Friend” button), then “View Sent Friend Requests”. Delete excess requests there, then you should be good to go.

I’m having the same problem with the same error. I can’t add any friend in-game. I tried to add three people, and all three failed, but they sent requests, and I was able to accept. I also tried removing some friends, but it still failed with the error afterward. How do we fix this?

2 Likes

Yoyojomo 1 post
Jul 12

Update: Found a fix 4! In the Battle.net program, click the “Friend Settings” button (next to the “Add Friend” button), then “View Sent Friend Requests”. Delete excess requests there, then you should be good to go.

I’m having the same problem with the same error. I can’t add any friend in-game. I tried to add three people, and all three failed, but they sent requests, and I was able to accept. I also tried removing some friends, but it still failed with the error afterward. How do we fix this?

This is the REal answer and Solution… … love how Blizzard cant even solve problems anymore

1 Like

Legendary genius!
Blizz shoul dhire you since the actual GM just gave the two most basic answers and ghosted.
I can confirm that I was at max (which is 64 sent invites) that dated from 2-5 years ago.
Blizz should really make them expire after 6 months. If someone hasn’t accepted they are dead or game no more or don’t like you.
Why give a generic error as well? Surely a multi billion dollar company can afford to code some proper error messages in there?