Crash when authenticating when launching

Whenever I launch the game I get to the login screen. Here it gives me the “Authenticating” and then it crashes.

I have reinstalled twice, used repair tool and launched from game folder

Any help would be much appreciated!

Error code: 1A69C89B-0491-4668-9D95-98E8B44A957E

2 Likes

Hi, Mattie! o/

I’ve checked the error report we received from you matching that code, and the error you are getting is… “Files in your StarCraft II installation are damaged”. Funny, considering you are trying to play HotS :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, it’s because both games use the same engine, but it’s still funny.

So, this problem usually happens because of a faulty settings file. Go to your Documents folder. You will see that there’s a folder called Heroes of the Storm. Make sure One Drive doesn’t have this folder in Sync. Then, just delete it to reset the HotS settings.

If the game still has this issue, in the Blizzard desktop application, click in Options, under the HotS logo, and select Scan and Repair. That does the trick most of the time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh my god, I’m so sorry. I didn’t notice this was the HotS forum. I am trying to play SC2 haha.

Will try to do your trick though

1 Like

Hey, Mattie! o/

No worries, it happens. And as I said, they both use the same engine anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

What I mentioned should still apply. Just look for the Starcraft II folder in Documents, instead of the HotS one :slight_smile:

Saved my day, thank you!:smiley:

1 Like

I still doesnt work for me.

please help me

New error code:
9E01C263-9FB9-4EE5-B38B-E2372A22BD00

hi
to solve this problem do this:
delete the faulty settings file. :face_with_monocle:
Go to your Documents folder. (C:\Users\user name\OneDrive\Documents)
You will see that there’s a folder called Heroes of the Storm.
Make sure One Drive doesn’t have this folder in Sync Then, just delete it to reset the HotS settings.
if the file cant be deleted ,open task manager ,at processes ,search for windows explorer right click it then restart.
you should be able to delete the Hots file now.
in the Blizzard desktop application, click in Options under the HotS logo,game setting then reset in game options and then select Scan and Repair.
that will reset it to fresh setting,
incase you cant log in or forced to stay offline close your antivirus deep network monitor and restart your windows.
good luck

Hi,
Thanks.

This Thread helps me to play Heroes XD

@Blizzard: Plz put your Data in your own Folder XD