Disconnected from EU server, but not US?

I also suddenly can’t log in to HotS anymore, the EU servers. My friends list also doesn’t show up anymore. My fiance is sitting next to me and he can log into HotS just fine and has a working friends list. I’ve tried removing the Battlenet files in %ProgramData% and setting my DNS to 8.8.8.8, but to no avail. Here’s my MTR log if necessary. Hope it gets fixed soon, I still have two days worth of boost that’s now getting wasted…

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 192.168.2.254 - 0 | 178 | 178 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 0 |

| 195.190.228.21 - 0 | 178 | 178 | 6 | 7 | 20 | 6 |

| No response from host - 100 | 36 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

| blizzard-1.equinix-am1.nl-ix net - 0 | 178 | 178 | 10 | 13 | 65 | 10 |

| ae1-br02-eqam1.as57976 net - 0 | 178 | 178 | 10 | 14 | 79 | 10 |

| et-0-0-67-pe02-eqam1.as57976 net - 0 | 178 | 178 | 10 | 13 | 88 | 12 |

| 185.60.112.157 - 0 | 178 | 178 | 8 | 9 | 15 | 9 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

Hello there @Kiemmaki,
I have opened a ticket about it earlier this morning.
The problem isn’t strictly with my network - my Blizzard App logs in, but doesn’t load friends. D3 allows me to play, but also doesn’t show friends. HOTS kicks me out right after logging in (“You were disconnected from Blizzard services.”). WoW lets me see my characters - didn’t attempt to play a 20.

Logging with the App to the Americas region does show my 2 friends.

In short, it appears that some of the EU account services are down.
Possibly related to the WoW classic stress earlier.
Possibly HOTS handles it differently from the other apps, denying access instead of proceeding with the empty friend list.

ps.: Did a quick Ping to the servers listed on the WinMTR page, successfully.

Hello Aphandra,

It doesn’t seem to be that simple, because if those services were just down, it would affect everbody, but that is not the case. My friendslist on my private account for example is working and I am well able to log in all of the games. Same for most of my colleagues, but for some it isn’t.
Like I said, it is being looked into and is hopefully resolved as soon as possible.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

1 Like

Hello everyone!

Similar problems here. After clicking PLAY the usual Loading and Authentication screens occur, but then it changes to ERROR, then a login surface appears. I tried relogging in but it thinks then I’m a new player and starts with “Choose a free hero to play”.
Waiting for solutions.

Check your down left hand corner… When authentication fails, it switches server- probably US server. In another server you do not get your experience, items and so on…

It’s the EU one that isn’t working for some people. They are currently looking into it, if you read some of the few last posts.

1 Like

when i log to my acc i have 0 friends and cant log in game only HEroes of the strom and my friend can normaly log on this same computer wiht his acc and haves all friends and can get in game.
plz Help

1 Like

Tried on other servers… still

how long this will take to fix

1 Like

Guess I’ll be trying US servers for once. This is annoying.

Mines back up now try restarting battlenet

Something must have been done, because it’s working again! :slight_smile:

Good morning everybody,

Everything should be back to normal now. Please let me know if you are still experiencing the issue.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Hi,

This issue looks like it happened in August but I am getting it now.

My wife who is on the same network has logged on and is playing next to me but I cannot get onto the EU servers. As stated above I can get onto US and WOW is working but it keeps on taking ages to Authenticate and then says that Blizz has disconnected me

6 Likes

Hello Floydee24!

Please do not bump old topics, that can create confusion and in general is something that should be avoided.

As for the situation you described, it’s being looked into already, crossing fingers won’t take much to have it resolved :slight_smile: