Error when launching

I decided to play some games of HoTS and installed the game again, the problem is that when i click to start the game i get the infamous Blizzard Error Window.

In the window it says that the files on the HoTS installation are damaged and gives me the below code:

20AFDB6D-A436-4907-B78F-596609B675E5

I already reinstalled and repaired several times with no success.
Any suggestions?

Hi, Giledhel! o/

This error can happen if OneDrive or another similar program is preventing the game from modifying some files. More precisely, in the Documents folder, you’ll see there’s a folder called Heroes of the Storm. Make sure to unsync this folder. The other typical solutions for this problem are repairing and reinstalling, as you already did, so I think it’s probably just that :slight_smile:

Hello Agaleith!
Thank you for the tip. I dont use anything similiar to Onenote but you remind me that i had a similar issue with another game.
In the end its the Windows Defender blocking it.
I just add the bnet launcher to the exclusions and voila.
Thank you very much for your quick support.

Hi again! o/

Glad to hear you solved it like that. I’ll add that solution to our database in case someone else encounters this problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry… i exited the game and tried to restart and got the same error :frowning:

5A5B9200-FB96-44BF-8818-A80AD4A6C552

Edit: I alredy tried, again, to reinstall and repair several times. no success.

D073A83A-119F-433D-8086-129D66EFB6DA

Hey Giledhel

Looks like OneDrive is still messing with the Variables.txt file that the game stores in your Documents\Heroes of the Storm folder. If you exclude that folder from OneDrive, or shut down OneDrive entirely, that should get things behaving again

Keep in mind it isn’t OneNote, as you mentioned in a previous comment, it’s OneDrive, which tends to be included by default in Windows 10

hi there, i have win 7 and do not have onedrive (it doesn’t works here), the only one prog same as onedrive its mega, but I already checked it and do not have synch.
also my wind def and firewall turned off so I probably don’t have an issue with exclusions.
All worked a few months ago and stopped working at one time with the same error (code # changing every launch) (I thought that it was some patch problem and just wait but seems it did not help me)

please advise what can I do