Future of the game?!

Hello,
I noticed that there is no new Heroes for over 1 year 2 months and a half, so wanna know if game abandoned new content and only now keep current game while adding balance changes and new skins patches? Or there will be new Heroes in the future?
Thank you in advance for answers!

4 Likes

HOTS is currently on maintenance mode, so balance changes and bug fixes are the only things we get. Since microsoft bought ativision blizzard, they might start giving HOTS more attention but we can’t be sure.

4 Likes

Why is it on Maintenance Mode for so long and what Maintenance Mode means? I know what maintenance it self means, but not what Maintenance Mode when comes to be over year long.

1 Like

It basically means content development is stopped and the main focus is too keep the game playable/balanced.

The reason for this is because HOTS didn’t produce enough income to satisfy activision and since activision cares about money more than their games and players, they decided to leave a small team for HOTS.

5 Likes

Thank you for answers!

Microsoft do the justice for HOTS now if you bought the rights!

1 Like

To be fair about another fact with the lack of content is the fact that Activision mostly focuses on first person shooters instead of anything else, just think about it Overwatch and Hots came out at around the same time but one was favorised over the other when it came to advertising as Owerwatch was everywhere over the internet while Hots was just released like one of the many games made by single creators without money or a plan.
And this is not only a thing of the past but has always stuck with Activision if you look at current developments as Blizzard only has 3 (4 with the secret new ip) flagship titles they’re working on WoW, Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 as they are the things they think will make money but only Diablo is currently set to be like Blizzard games of old (top down ”strategy” with a focus on the story and single player).
And what do we see on Activisions side: yeah we got Crash 4 but that was mostly made for fan service but other than that Activision is just like cod, cod, cod and another cod in 2 years. See the point I’m getting at here?
The problem is and has always been on Activisions focus on first person shooters and not what makes Blizzard well Blizzard anymore and Hots might be the gateway back into those old glorydays revitalizing Starcraft and the Warcraft (the strategy games not WoW) franchises again.

2 Likes

this game is actualy destroying by useless developers. Until microsoft not dismiss that parasites game will worse and worse.

They invested a lot in HOTS actually. Blizzard really believed that HOTS could be the next big MOBA, so they really pushed the esports scene from the very start but it didn’t really work out. A lot of devs were also clearly working on it, since we used to get a new hero every month or two.

HOTS was released a year earlier than OV (2 years if you count alpha), just to clarify.

3 Likes

Yeah, truth, I can see everyday less players and more low skilled or beginners on platinum ligue… They hard working to mix players level…

1 Like

You probably were winning so many matches because beginners tend to be matched with other new players…

Even though Blizzard intended HOTS to be competitive, players always considered the game to be casual- not everything has to be competitive, jeez.

I play both dota 2 and HOTS, when I get tired of dota 2s sweaty nature, I can always jump on HOTS for a few QM games and chill. HOTS often goes overlooked because it’s so different from other MOBAs, yet it has so many unique mechanics and a large variety of maps which play completely differently.

Btw, if you want anyone to take you seriously put at leased SOME effort into your rant.

2 Likes

the game was dead
for some reason out of my comprhension it now revived (maybe microsoft buy in ?)
maintenace mode was a way to say politly : we killed our game lul

i think the game is in a sweet spot of balance and all (except genji that is still a annoyance) so adding more heroes isn’t necesary

2 Likes

If Microsoft manages to revive HOTS I am going to be extremely happy.

2 Likes

Valeera is annoying as hell too. Silence on silence on silence and she becomes invisible just when you are about to kill her and runs away. Im not sure if she is OP or not but she is not fun to fight.

Imo Hots was the best moba for me, but long time ago, before they sell new imba characters and destroying the whole balance of the game.

Asking better when your old dog die what its his future ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

this game has no future… until blizzard keep developers with no brain like actually is…

If you like like retrd 12y old child calling your mum and wish you suicide its game perfect for you…

developers here are same clever like that children…

The game weren’t really a hit either sooo yeah, doubt it will be picked up by Microsoft lol.
The game is more or less dead(from a business perspective) and the community is VERY anti-newbies which makes it less likely to be revived.

Not that the community bit is new to the moba genre. For some reason all the toxic trash gather in this genre.

Developers who are forcing to work with this game, they have no idea how improve this game… They have absolutely none good ideas. 2 years ago this game was OK, now developers destroyed it. One good think Microsoft can do is back this game 2 years ago and leave it like that. Releasa useless developers and safe some money for parasites…

You might need to fix your attitude, spelling and remove your mindless hate before any developers of any game will even try to take your ”suggestions” seriously as now you seem like one of those children who lose once in an actually fair match and starts blaming everyone else exept yourself for your mistakes

actually now is not posible win more than 55% matches when you play perfect… as solo player…
this gameis unplayable solo.
until developers think mmr 5000 is same like 50mmr. the game will by unbalance.

I never see less inteligent people like workers here… My dog knows some easy commands… blizzard - employe my dog…