Game can't be launched after upgrade to 2.53.0.83077

Running HoS on Mac Catalina. After the upgrade tonight to 2.53.0.83077, I cannot launch the game any more.

The Play button will grey out for several seconds and becomes blue again. Game not launched.

5 Likes

This is ridiculous. Test this once before pushing …

Same problem using the beta launcher and macOS Big Sur

Yep, same here. Mac OS Mojave. Was playing, had to patch, can’t launch anymore. Lovely…

Exactly same issue here on MacOS 11.0.1 Big Sur., was working perfectly fine until this patch. (2.53.0.83077)

Same issue here. … Mac user… MAC os high sierra…

Don’t listen to them if they asked to follow “troubleshooting guide”. It’s their fault and they must fix it. No need to provide them with additional information. They got the logs and they can try and read through it.

Someone should have its access revoked to the master branch.

Scanned and repaired, checked updates: no updates. Restarted computer twice and relaunched blizzard client many times, still same. Was about to erase and reinstall the game but seen this topic. Thanks for creating.

Same here - just patched and cannot log in now on Catalina 10.15.7

Same here, Mac OS Big Sur, MacBook Pro 15 " mid 2018. After the patch it doesn’t launch, I tried repairing, reinstalling, reinitiating, changing server or language, nothing.

temporary fix found here on us forums

Remove the signature from HeroesSwitch.app and that should fix it.

I have a different folder path, so for me it was like this->
codesign --remove-signature /Volumes/HD/Games/Heroes\ of\ the\ Storm/Support/HeroesSwitcher.app

If you have it installed default, then it should be something like this->

codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Heroes\ of\ the\ Storm/Support/HeroesSwitcher.app/Contents/MacOS/HeroesSwitcher

Run it in terminal. cmd + space, search for terminal, paste it and enter the second one if you have it installed on default path.

1 Like

Worked for me, thank you very much

2 Likes

You’ve saved our evening! Many thanks :slight_smile:

Same problem here aswell… the fix with the terminal provided above worked. Looking at logs confirmed that signing of the software was the problem. God damn blizzard !

2.53.0.83004 was just pushed and fixes the issue

Hello,

after HOTS updated today it no longer starts on my Mac. I have Big Sur installed for a few weeks now so the SO version should not be an issue.

Already tried uninstalling the game and the Battle.net app and still does not start. I click Play it appears launching and then the button goes back to Play.

Already tried cleaning up ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/ while installing and installing.

thanks in advance for any help anyone can give

Hello all,

This update was an attempt at fixing the current issue with some unlocks being unavailable to use, described in this thread: Mount disappearance.

As you noticed it caused another issue for the Mac client and so the update has been reverted for now. The work continues and we’ll re-try the fix at a later date.

Thanks for the reports everyone and apologies for the disruption!

This problem still persists for me and i am a windows 10 user.