Game Crashes on Match Loading Screen

Greetings.

I had this issue with Heroes of the Storm for… around two years, probably? Can’t remember for sure, but my latest losses happened because of it and they date back to 1-2 years ago. Anyway, my problem is that the game seemingly can’t let me play proper maps. Everytime I get on loading screen with all players and their heroes, HotS just eventually crashes with fatal error message. Always. Initially I thought that this problem was related to Quick Match, but Training/Versus AI get the same results. Try Mode does work though!
It’s worth noting that I haven’t tried ARAM maps and don’t recall doing that in the past. Played this game for a long time and I’ve faced several technical issues that I was able to either solve myself or they got fixed by some unseen force later on. In combination with certain personal matters, those are the reasons I haven’t reported this issue earlier: I just mostly stayed away from multiplayer and thought that “it’ll get better later”.
Hopefully, you would help me to either resolve this problem or at least let me know why I can’t play Heroes of the Storm.

Here’s my latest error code: 3F953A55-3171-49A3-AEC7-469348F33C3C

Hey Ilko,

Could you try updating your graphics and chipset drivers for your machine? Looking at the errors, it seems likely this could help. Along with this, it could be worthwhile uninstalling and reinstalling the game for the crash you are seeing.

Hey, Mosninathus.
Thank you for the reply.

I don’t think I can, honestly. I’m sitting on pretty old (and therefore outdated) laptop right now and I don’t think I can do much on that front. I did try to update my graphics driver in some capasity after on latest Windows 10 reinstall and that seemed to do well. As for the chipset, it looks like it has the latest drivers installed: Lenovo offers me only an optional VGA Driver that can be downloaded slowly through VPN.
Considering my previous experiences with drivers and aforemented condition of my machine, I hope my hesitagion are understandable. If anything, that might just cause me more problems.

Well, that was a freshly installed game. Technically a reinstall, since I tried installing Heroes of the Storm before in hope that this issue disappeared. With that in mind, it likely wouldn’t change the outcome.
Perhaps I should try to just lower the in-game settings as low as I can? That might be worth a shot.

<…>

I tried it and there’s some progress.
Managed to complete a Versus AI match with AI Teammates (in other words, Training) on Cursed Hollow. The game itself seems to run fine (aside from my sloppy gameplay), but my ping was pretty rough. For the majority of the match, it remained at consistent-ish 60-80ms: sometimes it got a bit lower (mostly 50s), but more often the number risen up (100+) to a point where I was briefly disconnected a couple of times.
So there’s that.