Game does not start (

Hello,

I have got an issue (game does not start with damaged files error) but the error codes are 0. So is like: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000. The OneDrive is not running.
I’ve tried to uninstall / install multiple times, also installed on a different disc (ssd, m2). but nothing. Win 11 could be the issue? Any solution?

Hey there,

Even if you stop Onedrive (or any backup/sync program) it won’t undo the damage that has already been done. First to prevent issues like this in the future you will want to set it so Onedrive is not managing the settings folder for Heroes of the Storm. Then disable it, then clear the bad data out so it can be regenerated on next launch.

1. Open Onedrive (re-enable if you disabled it)
  2. Go into settings and deselect the Heroes of the Storm Folder under documents so that Onedrive does not try to manage them.
  3. Exit/close/disable Onedrive
  4. Open the documents folder for your user in File Explorer(Right click Windows start, choose File Explorer)
  5. Delete the Variables.txt under Heroes of the Storm)
  6. Empty the recycle bin and retest the game.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, then I recommend submitting a ticket with an msinfo attached for further investigation. (instructions for collecting that msinfo report will be on the form.)

Click your name at the top right of this page, click support, click contact support.