Game freezes sometimes, will SSD fix it?

Hi, I’ve been having some issues with HOTS freezing for a second or two sometimes, mid-game. The problems started a few months ago when I noticed my hard drive was having some issues. I’ve been thinking about buying an SSD and moving my games (not my OS) to the SSD so they start a little faster, as heroes now takes about 8 minutes to start for me.

The freezing occurs after at least a few minutes ingame, and usually (oddly) during teamfights when the turret starts shooting at me, or when everyone is just spamming flashy abilities. It happens only a couple of times per match and sometimes I go weeks without freezing.

Here is my question: if I move heroes but not my operating system to the new SSD, can that fix the random game freeze?

Things I’ve tried to stop the freezing:
-Turned the graphics from highest to lowest setting
-Made sure no other programs are running
-Reinstalled battle.net and heroes
-repaired battle.net
-checked system requirements, my rig is absolute overkill for heroes and it automatically sets my graphics to the highest setting
-Made sure my hard drive had enough space, I sure hope my 1TB of unused space is enough.
-Ram doesnt get maxed out either
-no component reaches temperatures that will cause throttling
-internet can’t be a problem as my boyfriend who plays in the room next to me doesn’t have the same issues

At this point I really think my dodgy hard drive is the only thing that could cause it, so it would be great if anyone can tell me if an ssd will fix my troubles

Hello azzacura,

I can see that you have tried a few things already, i would suggest you try the ones from this article here as well.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

I’ve checked my drivers (first thing I did)
Many of my components are factory overclocked
I’ve resetted my video driver settings several times due to another unrelated issue
I’ve also deleted the cache folder, also one of the first things I did
I defragment my hard drive about once a month (may seem overkill but I download, run, and delete a ton of things and programs weekly)
My hard drive can’t be scanned by a diagnostics tool, I just get an error when trying. Have tried several tools, including the built-in from windows, with the same result.