Game Hangs on Connecting

Hello,
I seem to be unable to play Heores of the Storm. (After connecting to the battle net/Heroes of the storm server) When i click play (on any game mode) the game finds a match then hangs on connecting before showing the team composition. I have been looking into various other posts but have been unable to find anyone with the same issue.

In terms of troubleshooting i have attempted the following:
Restarted my Router.
Flushed the DNS and IP.
Uninstalled BattleNet and all games. Then Reinstalled them all.
Deleted Corrupted files/Cache
Repair/Scan Hots Files.
Power cycled PC and Network adaptor.
Updated all systems and drivers.
Reset all settings in the Bnet App.
Changed the DNS server to Googles (8.8.8.8)
Changed compatability settings.

Ive ran out of ideas now. This issue only started happening a week or so ago out of the blue. I have no Latency issues and no in-game issues to speak of. I just cannot connect to the game after match-up.

I’ve seen similar behaviour being caused by a 3rd party software, could you please check if this occurs after restarting your computer with a selective startup? Please make sure you close everything your system does not need to work properly, uninstall any VPN you might have, and check your proxy settings as well.

Please try also disabling or uninstalling (temporarily!) your security applications as well and see if there are any improvements. :slight_smile:

Feedback? https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Vyraneer

Thanks for the swift reply.

However upon doing a selective start up the computer will no longer sign in or detect a network. Seems my computer is now broken…Thanks.

Not sure what else to do since i cant log in to the machine anymore because the password (that is correct) isnt working.

Had to reply via my mobile.
Open to suggestions.

BusterofMeat, did you perform the 5th step of our support article? Skipping it can prevent your computer from rebooting properly. :confused:

To fix this, you will need to access the msconfig again and undo all the changes.
I’m afraid I can’t guide you through the procedure as it falls outside our scope of support, but you should find instructions online on how to log in to Windows after disabling all services. :slight_smile:

Feedback? https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Vyraneer

Hello, Sorry for the delayed reply, i had to rebuild my PC.
I did follow the steps exactly as instructed to the letter and it almost bricked my machine. On top of that my dad said disabling the windows security start up software was a really bad idea and very dangerous even temporarily.

The game sort of causes my internet to bottleneck when the ‘connecting issue’ arises.
Also, the game works fine over wireless connection.

Also(again), this issue only occurred a few weeks ago during an update to the game, prior to that it was fine, perhaps it was something in the game files that doesnt agree with my (and many others ive seen[who also have no solution]) PC.

Kind Regards,
Robert Skinner